evil jewel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

semper fi

mrs southeast michigan 2005
Reaction score
just got a pair of jewels a pair of firemouths and a managuense. all are about 1". the first night everyone seemed okay. just getting their bearings. then the next morning found one of the firemouths. poor little guy. face was bitten off. so i thought that the managuense was the culprit. went to the store to get some stuff and came home and found one of the jewels dead. thought okay that is it! rotten bugger. set up a tank for him alone to grow out in. everyone seemed happy. the next morning i found the other firemouth dead. so the jewel was the culprit. put the managuense in with the jewel cause i needed the tank for a dempsey that i just rescued from an ignorant teenager. thought that the managuense could hold his own with the jewel.

this morning i found the managuense dead! have kept jewels before and they are usually very peaceful except when breeding. this one is ornery right from the get go! think i am going to take him right back.

maggie

hey maggie did u take back that jewel? my friend has a jewel and he killed his pirahana. it was such a mean fish. lol well tell me what happened to your jewel?

nope still got the little bugger. had some befoer and they were pretty peaceful for the most part. this one is crazy. his tank is across from the 180 and i see him pacing back and forth like he wants to be over there.

maggie

Yeah, beautiful fish but Psycho!! I wanted some initially but was warned off them by lfs... thats why I always shop there! Commerce is commerce, but fishkeeping is fishkeeping. That's why they've been voted one of the best in the country.

Advice comes first, sales come second! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back