Evil, Evil Fish!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bre_B

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:lol: Ah, My male lfs VT betta is just a freakin RIOT....

I'm sitting on the computer reading some stuff on here with my boyfriend, and i glance over at the fish (i do that sometimes.. ok, alot, iworry about them) and i noticed one, Jack, is just lying there..... floating......... so im like..... "OH NO :-( " I say to my boyfriend "um.... look at jack.... is he... okay??" So Don (boyfriend) is like

"oh no!" too....

he jumps over, and suddenly jack jumps back to life, and just sits there watching don, seemign almost amused if i do say so myself. I could just hear him laughing.

Evil evil fish..

has anyone else had bettas just... lie there?? I'm starting to be concerned now hahah even though it was pretty funny to be tricked...

Yeah I would be on my bed looking at my long 20g and then I'd look at my betta thats in the 1g and he'd be on the bottom just sitting there and I went over there and he gets up and starts dancing like he's laughing at me saying "you've been fooled" :p

My bettas dont get alot of attention from people besides me.
When ever I have friends in my room, they hide behind plants, or they carry on like theres nov one in the room....they're very subtle.

Hey I know this is off topic but who likes my new avatar? Or should I change it to something more funny?

Bre, I actually had a betta who used to pull the same trick, with a bit of an artistic flair. He would make a horseshoe of himself and slowly spiral downward, almost as if he'd been clouted over the head. He'd wait there at the bottom, perfectly still, until i got up to check with him. As soon as I got about a foot or two away he'd flash back to normal and wiggle all over, begging for food :rolleyes:

Both my bettas do that and iv only had them since wednesday.
Lie on the bottom looking like their dead.You have this mini heart attack thinking your gorgeous fish are dead, you get there and they starting swimming about and it feels like their saying
' Ha fooled you but since your up FEED ME FEED ME!' :hyper: :hyper:
I fall for it everytime :sly:

Im just hoping they dont teach my new boy and his girlfriend any new tricks :blink:

he was floating, just like how other fish are when theyre dead (i've never had a dead betta, but i guess i'd assume that they'd float as well) and his fins were just dangling, and he was doing kinda like what my dying fry would do, but he definately is healthy! When he lies on the bottem i know he's just relaxing, but it scared me when he was floating... .evil little thing

All teh dead fish I've ever had are always on the bottom..I've never had a "floater". I don't think they float until they've been dead for quite a while. :/

That's funny though..lol y'all got
p_1463.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and just because I saw it and thought it was funny...
he musta got punked too :rofl:
90959VBda_w.jpg

Most reactions

Back