Everything In Fridge Frozen!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
woke up this morning and all items in the fridge are frozen. It doesn;t have a freezer setting,
I'm not sure if kids have messed with the dial as I can;t recall what setting it has always been on. Its on 1 setting it goes 0 to 4?

Question is do i need to throw away the milk, ham cheese eggs bacon etc or will they be safe to eat? the bacon was bought yesterday so in effect has only been frozen now defrosted so that should be fine but its the dairy stuff I;m concerned about. It was all bought yesterday!! typical!! lol

woke up this morning and all items in the fridge are frozen. It doesn;t have a freezer setting,
I'm not sure if kids have messed with the dial as I can;t recall what setting it has always been on. Its on 1 setting it goes 0 to 4?

Question is do i need to throw away the milk, ham cheese eggs bacon etc or will they be safe to eat? the bacon was bought yesterday so in effect has only been frozen now defrosted so that should be fine but its the dairy stuff I;m concerned about. It was all bought yesterday!! typical!! lol
the milk will be fine, we sometimes freeze milk to keep it longer. as you said the bacon will also be ok. ham and cheese.... i would guess the ham would be fine too but the cheese may go a bit funny once defrosted so i would perhaps leave that alone.

the milk should be ok.. not too sure with the ham, cheese and eggs though.

Can pasteurised milk be frozen for a few weeks before use in the home?

It should be safe to freeze milk, providing you do the following things:
freeze it before the 'Use by' date
follow any freezing or thawing instructions on the label
defrost it in the fridge so that it doesn't get too warm – allow about 24 hours for it to thaw
try to use the milk within a few days of defrosting – it will go off in the same way as ordinary pasteurised milk
When milk is frozen it expands and this can rupture the packaging. Check that the packaging is intact before you defrost it. If it has ruptured it's better not to use the milk.

Remember, freezing might affect the quality of the milk.

that was taken from http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/keepingfoodsafe/asksamstoringpreparing/

Cheers for that chaps,

#28### I can;t have a cuppa or bacon butty before I leave the house

Cheers for that chaps,

good excuse to nip to the cafe and save on some washing up.....

just to rub it in ive really enjoyed my bacon and bean sandwich swilled with a lovely cup of coffee :hey: sorry!

Cheers for that chaps,

just to rub it in ive really enjoyed my bacon and bean sandwich swilled with a lovely cup of coffee :hey: sorry!

I;d have to take the kids though which would spoil it lol

bacon and bean!!! never tried that one

Cheers for that chaps,

I;d have to take the kids though which would spoil it lol

bacon and bean!!! never tried that one
trust me its a great combo :good:

Dumb question - but what sort of bean? ie Kidney, green, broad. Thanks

Opps, it was only a few down from the top.. I didn't even look at the date :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back