Ever hungry Betta…

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NannaLou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a Betta called Blue…he is always begging for food…I’m being really restrained and limiting what he has as I was seriously over feeding him to start with.

I always feed him at the front of the tank as it’s good to watch him spot and catch live food, but it disappears into his stomach in seconds!

Would I be better to drip live food across the tank so he has to go and look for it..? I think this will give him more eating time but not more food…or will he just not look if it’s not at the front..?

When I had Betta I used to feed pellets and frozen food, I would feed as much as the Betta could eat in a minute or 2. I don’t feed live foods, but I think it would be a great to feed this type of food in different locations so your Betta would have to hunt and bring out those natural instincts 😃

When I had Betta I used to feed pellets and frozen food, I would feed as much as the Betta could eat in a minute or 2. I don’t feed live foods, but I think it would be a great to feed this type of food in different locations so your Betta would have to hunt and bring out those natural instincts 😃
Mmmm….that’s what I started to do, but it was evident that he could eat a weeks worth of food in one sitting!! He’s not keen on frozen foods and will totally ignore frozen daphnia! I’m about to do a tank tidy/water change and will ‘hide‘ his lunch and see how he goes. 🙂

Most reactions

Back