Even Worse

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well before the one dued infront of me he was breathing rlly fast then he just stopped the other one died by the filter he was perfectly fine yesterday

Last edited:
That can be chemical poisoning from heavy metals like copper or things like ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

So when I asked the pet store employee he said it might be a parasite due to only one fish dying in stead of all of them dying but like you said they can just be stronger and healthier but I have lost 4 of them now but the carbon is in

can you post more pictures of the remaining fish, and maybe a short video of them too?

Bad news they still haven't been getting any better I have done everything and no change I'm thinking of giving them a new home or something because I don't like to see them suffer I'm going to start plants and fully set it all up before I get more fish

The only other thing you can try is Metronidazole, which is used to treat internal protozoan infections but I don't think that is the cause. There is a product called API General Cure that contains Praziquantel and General Cure and you could try that, but it might not help.

Tiger barbs are sensitive to chemicals so it is still probably the copper or something else in the water. But without a lab to test the water, it's impossible to tell.

The carbon should have helped but the fish might have been badly affected before you added carbon to the filter.

---------------------
Once you have rehomed the barbs, flush the tank out and try a few tetras, just get 4 or 5 cheap tetras and see if they have the same problem. If they do then there is definitely something in the water that is affecting them.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back