Even Worse

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CARNO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So the Virus hasn't got any better I have some bad news I'm down to 6 tiger barbs I think the virus/bug might of came from my hands or the tap I'm still not sure I have raised the temp and put in stress guard and no change

Post a link to any previous posts about this issue or continue using the original thread so we know what is going on and what has been done. Otherwise we will ask the same questions over again.

If you have copper in the well water that might be the issue.
Without testing the tank water it could be a number of things ranging from the copper, to ammonia, nitrite, or something else in the water. If copper is leeching into the water, then other chemicals might be getting in there too and poisoning the fish and anything that drinks the water.

Have you had the well water tested for anything besides copper?

---------------------
Normally I would say to do water changes but if the well water isn't safe, that won't help.

If you can put some carbon in the filter and get that going it might help.

Adding some live plants might help too. Floating plants can draw up some of the nutrients in the water and make it safer for the fish.

So I asked to see and the water is high in copper but it's from every tap so how do i fix that? And why are the fish getting thinner they are still eating

You can run tap water through a carbon filter to help remove copper.
You can put some carbon in the fish tank filter and that will remove copper from the aquarium water.

Try to use Activated Carbon or Highly Activated Carbon. They work better than normal Carbon.

The slower the water passes through the carbon, the more copper that will be removed from the water.

If the fish have heavy metal poisoning, they won't digest the food as well and will waste away.

I'm just saying they have been with me for 6 months and I do the same thing all the time so why is it only happening now

But I will try my best I'm just saying I want to use my money on something that I don't rlly need I need to know what's going on

I'm just saying they have been with me for 6 months and I do the same thing all the time so why is it only happening now
It's possible the water was fine until recently when it was contaminated by something.
Any idea where the copper is coming from that is in the well water?

Cn you get some water from a different area that doesn't have copper in?
If you can, then do a couple of big water changes on the fish tank and see if they get better.

If you can't, then add some carbon to the filter and see if it helps.

--------------------
The original fish looked reasonably ok apart from being skinny. Skinny fish are usually infected with worms or gill flukes. Worms and gill flukes don't normally kill fish quickly and if you have lost a number of fish in the last week, then it's unlikely to be worms or gill flukes.

An internal protozoan infection can cause fish to lose weight over a week or two but they also do a stringy white poop. If the fish are doing coloured poop so it is unlikely to be that.

So Thier poop is normal and it's not white if that what colour stringy white poop is like

Also another thing is only one fish seems to be infected and the others seem to be just fine

So Thier poop is normal and it's not white if that what colour stringy white poop is like
Stringy white poop is white poop that hangs off the fish's bottom.

--------------------
Also another thing is only one fish seems to be infected and the others seem to be just fine
If only one fish is affected then it could be weaker than the others or it has intestinal worms or gills flukes.

I have some rlly sad news 2 more of my fish died for some unknown reason and I just bought the carbon along with the parasite med I don't where to go from here must I carry on or start fresh...

Anyways thx every one for the help I still might need it since I have 4 tiger barbs left anyways I hope your tanks go well for you and I hope yours flourish and survive

Put some carbon in the filter and see how they go over the next couple of days.

Post some pictures of the remaining fish.
Post pictures of the dead fish if you have them, don't worry if you don't.

What symptoms did the fish show before they died?
What did they look like when they were dead?

Have you managed to check the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in the aquarium water?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back