Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-1 Liverpool

• 1-4 Benfica

• Other

• Total voters
Anyone taking an obvious dive like the ones featured on Soccer AM's "miraculous healing of" bit, Cisse a few weeks ago (see I am not biased), they did Lehman last week, he's a prime candidate, Robben against Reina, Van Nistlerooy does it all the time.

Heskey was another one, massive strong powerful and fast bloke used to fall over if someone breathed on him. Don't know if he does it at Birmingham as luckily I don't have to watch them :lol:

It's those kind where they obviosuly fake an injury purely to get a player booked or sent off, it should result in a mandatory 5 game ban.

Robben got Reina sent off (and banned for 3 games) by faking an injury, now Reina shouldn't have pushed him anyway, but Robben fell to the ground clutching his face and rolling around, ahen in actual fact, he'd been gently shoved in the chest. Now without the rolling around, Reina may have got sent off anyway and thats fair enough, he shouldn't have reacted to the sledging, but Robben made sure. now that may have helped his team, but it potentially hurt Liverpool for 3 games after. Just look at the reaction he had when Messi did it to him and Del Horno and you see that he knows its bad and wrong, but he did it himself. It's the reason I (and many others) hate Robbie Savage, he is a great footballer and a good hard player, but whilst he dishes it out, he doesn't take it, he rolls around like a girl at the slightest contact (Man Ure academy at work ;) ).

Get em banned, stop the rot.

Arfie *climbing off the soapbox*

Yeah - I agree they do need to do something about it... but it will be so hard to officiate.

I agree with you about Robbie Savage! HA HA HA! He's a fellow isn't he! lol! He moved away to get nearer to his Parents! - SO HE MOVED TO BIRMINGHAM! :lol: - Which is actually futher away!

It won't be that hard, you just need some ex players who have some savvy and for argued cases, a barrister like in RU. Also, when someone is actually hit hard enough they have to roll across the floor, they WILL get up with a limp. You see no end of rugby forwards getting up limping for a few strides and running it off. If you have to stay down as long of most of the divers, there would be noticeable effects for a couple of minutes afterwards.

You can so easily see them, and the other one for me would be pnealties where the player jumps over the foot and then rolls on the floor.

As for the girls that get pushed in the chest and fall over holding their face...I would seriously look at season long bans for them, it is an absolute disgrace.

I can understand the desire to take some of the physical element of the game away to allow skill, but it is now considered too risky to even attempt a tackle in the box, that to me has taken a large element of the game away.

And while I am here, another couple of things they could do with learning from rugby

1) Allow medical staff on whenever someone is injured, no leaving them in pain waiting for help (a la Alan Smith) until the ball goes out. If the play does end up near the treatment area: ref blows and it's a drop ball.

2) Allow "blood" replacements. For those that don't watch rugby, This is where a player is injured, to allow him treatment he can come off the field for 10 minutes to receive treatment with a player replacing him so his team is not penalised by injury (by playing with 10 men as now). Once he is fit again his replacement swaps again with him.

Number 1 is essential considering how swift attention is so vital to a number of injuries. Number 2 would be quite hard to implement with the limited number of subs and the possibility of cheating, but it could well be implemented.

*Hands Arfie the soapbox back*

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back