Error Loading Operating System

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
but... i think you need an admin password to do that... and if you dont have one set... it wont let you in!

but... i think you need an admin password to do that... and if you dont have one set... it wont let you in!

Only if you have passworded the bios so you wont have access to the boot order etc

if he can access that he wont need any passwords to get into the recovery console

Under Windows XP, if you never set an administrator password, then you just leave the space for password blank and it will log you in.
It's been some time since I used Windows XP, but I remember the recovery console option needs to be installed additionally afterwards, so if not installed, you don't have it in case of a disaster like that.
Regardless, if you can't load the "Advanced boot menu option" with F8 or whatever key it is for the related computer, then there is a hardware problem more than likely.

Under Windows XP, if you never set an administrator password, then you just leave the space for password blank and it will log you in.
It's been some time since I used Windows XP, but I remember the recovery console option needs to be installed additionally afterwards, so if not installed, you don't have it in case of a disaster like that.
Regardless, if you can't load the "Advanced boot menu option" with F8 or whatever key it is for the related computer, then there is a hardware problem more than likely.
Yes, he can't load the OS at all... that's why he needs a CD.

Well, he would need the XP disc of course at this stage, but he can try accessing his data with some type of Linux disc like Knoppix CD for example which is free to get online. This way he maybe able to get his data off if any or at least it will confirm if the HDD has failed

Well, he would need the XP disc of course at this stage, but he can try accessing his data with some type of Linux disc like Knoppix CD for example which is free to get online. This way he maybe able to get his data off if any or at least it will confirm if the HDD has failed
KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back