Equipment-What are we all using and how are we setting these things up

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishyfun&fans

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I use a Betta-600 filter a 100w Hugo kamishi heater submersible LEDs a turboboost 1200 air pump and a CoolBreeze USB Fan

I have the filter directly plugged in at the wall

Into a second socket extension I have the lights on a timer , the heater and the air pump

with the usb fan plugged in when needed(usb fan goes on wall behind tank to give the top of the tank a breeze)

How do others setups differ?

Attachments

• 8A5E4C1A-E0C6-4502-AAEC-65FF68715F99.jpeg
    8A5E4C1A-E0C6-4502-AAEC-65FF68715F99.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 44
  • E050D898-8569-4789-A3B5-46C0D53BBED9.jpeg
    E050D898-8569-4789-A3B5-46C0D53BBED9.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 38
  • C592A9E5-2F80-4875-A494-C800B590A882.jpeg
    C592A9E5-2F80-4875-A494-C800B590A882.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 983B6F2C-17C5-4C95-9679-E537953886AB.jpeg
    983B6F2C-17C5-4C95-9679-E537953886AB.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Fishkeeping is the one thing I stick with things that simplfy matters...

All aquariums have the same filter (Aquael Turbo 1000), same heater (JBL S Pro 100w), same lighting (Nicrew RGBMCR)

All are plugged into surge protected/overload protected extensions (since when this flat was built, they decided in their infinite wisdom to only have 4 powerpoints per room). No timers used on anything, I have remote control for the lights and I push the button using a tried and tested schedule.

I control the dimming of the lights by being up in the morning and turning them up slowly and down slowly on a night via remote I do eventually plan to get some night day cycling ones

Can I ask which ones you use?

Thank you

I’ll check them out

Also looking at some of the fluval full set ups as I need to get a larger tank

I use a Betta-600 filter a 100w Hugo kamishi heater submersible LEDs a turboboost 1200 air pump and a CoolBreeze USB Fan

I have the filter directly plugged in at the wall

Into a second socket extension I have the lights on a timer , the heater and the air pump

with the usb fan plugged in when needed(usb fan goes on wall behind tank to give the top of the tank a breeze)

How do others setups differ?
I have a complete and tediously detailed Journal describing all you need to know about both my tanks.
Read and either be enthralled...or bored to tears! :D

Thank you

I’ll check them out

Also looking at some of the fluval full set ups as I need to get a larger tank
The ones I have go upto 58cm.....I use the smallest cos that suits my needs, you can always use two of the smaller ones or larger ones I spose. I like them cos they are inexpensive and one remote does all 5 aquariums, so have 4 spare remotes incase of issues

On my current tank I have:

Ehiem Pro 2324 - This has a built in 150w heater and is suitable for tanks up to 250L so is more than fine for my 68L tank.
Finnex Planted + 24/7 ALC - I went for this over the HLC version because it has better red LEDS. Not sure it honestly will make any difference. Currently on a mechanical timer for 8 hours. I can program it so I don't need the timer but that's effort...

CO2 solenoid, regulator, tank, drop checker and bubble counter On a mechanical timer. Comes on an hour before the lights and goes off an hour before the lights go off.

I use small bottles of wielding gas. There are cheaper options as these aren't refillable but they last a few months and are simple. When I run out I might switch to a refillable source.

On my current tank I have:

Ehiem Pro 2324 - This has a built in 150w heater and is suitable for tanks up to 250L so is more than fine for my 68L tank.
Finnex Planted + 24/7 ALC - I went for this over the HLC version because it has better red LEDS. Not sure it honestly will make any difference. Currently on a mechanical timer for 8 hours. I can program it so I don't need the timer but that's effort...

CO2 solenoid, regulator, tank, drop checker and bubble counter On a mechanical timer. Comes on an hour before the lights and goes off an hour before the lights go off.

I use small bottles of wielding gas. There are cheaper options as these aren't refillable but they last a few months and are simple. When I run out I might switch to a refillable source.
"Wielding gas"??

"Wielding gas"??
Yeah I don't actually know what kind of wielding it is used for (I think MIG) but its just CO2. I use to get it in 7L bottles for about £25

Not sure on price or availability now as I have like 5 bottles in storage from about 10 years ago so I'm good for quite awhile.

Ahh you mean welding gas. Unlikely to be 100% CO2 as sold in a market where the gas is needed like gold dust so likely to be bulked out with other compatible natural gasses(I’m not sure but take caution)

Ahh you mean welding gas. Unlikely to be 100% CO2 as sold in a market where the gas is needed so will be bulked out with other compatible natural gasses
lol wish I could blame autocorrect but I just cant spell :)

As far as I'm aware Argon/CO2 is the common gas used for MIG. However 100% CO2 is also used in some cases. Seeing as it is sold as being 100% CO2 and specifically being used for applications were it needs to be 100% CO2 I doubt it is being bulked out with anything.

Edit: Also used this brand/supplier for many years with zero issues so I'm really not concerned.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back