Epiplatys dageti

click to vote now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I recently had a problem trying to spawn this easy to keep fish Epiplatys dageti
with not getting much success except for a few eggs once in a while I decided to replace the male with another one.
in the last 5 days they have had over 160 eggs and have had as many as 60 eggs in a single day
IMG_4417.JPG
so

Crispii

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Very nice. Any other killifish species you're working with?

GaryE

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
That's a great fish. Epiplatys are overlooked in the hobby.

Plus you've discovered how prolific they can be.

Fishmanic

King of the Jungle
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Thats an unusual fish. You should enter that interesting species in our Fish of the Month contest which is now accepting entries. Be sure to read rules before entering.

GaryE

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Thats an unusual fish. You should enter that interesting species in our Fish of the Month contest which is now accepting entries. Be sure to read rules before entering.
I thought about putting some of my own killies in (I wish I had dageti) , but there is no way I could get a decent shot with a sticker on the glass. They are too aware of changes in their surroundings. Everything in their natural world tries to eat them, and they'd take a while to get used to the paper.

Fishmanic

King of the Jungle
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
The pic with note does not have to be high quality… it just should show fish even if not good resolution
Then post a second clear pic of fish without note. That will be the pic in the poll.

Last edited:

GaryE

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I used to have more dageti than any sane person should. They eat bbs to start - they are not in need of microfoods.

OP
OP
fish48

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I used to have more dageti than any sane person should. They eat bbs to start - they are not in need of microfoods.
yes I know that they can take brine shrimp straight away I don't have bbs available so they are in need of micro foods
it's also a matter of choice what foods we feed our fish, I have bread many types of fish and have always feed micro foods to the Fry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online