What's new

VOTE NOW!..October 2020 Tank of the Month contest (17-30 US gallons)

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Please vote for October Tank of the Month

• NCaquatics

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Eziofezio

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • vanalisa

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • lazarusthefishboy10

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Salts155R

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
PLEASE VOTE! .................
vote-totm.png

We have 5 high quality tank setups for Fishforums' October 2020 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on October 16th at 4:15 PM EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
20201002_225255.jpg

Rescaped the tank, so updating the photo and validation photo

20 gallon long
nano community

Stock: 7 microdevario kubotai, 2 sparkling gourami, 17 corydoras pygmaeus, 1 assassin snail, pest snails.

Plants: Moss, hygrophila polysperma, cryptocoryne pontederiifolia, cryptocoryne wendtii, cryptocoryne undulata, Java fern, anacharis.

Filter: 20g sponge filter

Light: aqueon hood light, T8 full spectrum bulb

Heater: preset tetra heater

Temperature 75-78F
PH: 7.2
GH 80 ppm (last I tested on the stip test anyways)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <20

Fertilizers: API root tabs for the crypts, seachem flourish as needed (I maybe dose 2x a month)

Water change: 50-75% weekly

Tank started off as a 10 gallon, then everyone got moved to the 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
FC2AB034-2FC1-451A-9E14-2B5D59AD2B19.jpeg

I proudly present my 28G/100L sunken warship tank! I started it about 2 months ago and the plants went insane thanks to the powerful light.

Stock: 5 mollies, 8 Neón tetra, 5 rummy nose tetra, 2 guppies, 3 Nerite snails, Other types of snails, 2 Mexican dwarf lobsters.

The filter is the one that came with the tank, biobox2 I included a zeolite box just to be on the safe side although I have faith in the plants.

the light I bought at the hardware shop; it’s led , 25w, 2200 Lumens and extends almost the whole tank.

the heater is a glass tube type, 50w yeah I know it’s not enough, have to get round to changing it.

temperature: 24C
Ph: 8,5
Loads of different types of plants including floating
Ammonia: haven’t the faintest idea

I change 20% water a week using my tap. I add plant fertilizer fluval plant gro+ and I’m very happy with it, I have volcano rock for the bottom surface.

20201005_021104.jpg

Hello!
Here is my 20g high Aqueon aquarium. It has the hood and light from the kit, but I currently have a filter suitable for an up to 40g tank. I was planning on using the filter from the kit and a small airstone for extra oxygenation, but a fry happened!!!
So I ended up using the other filter.
It is strong but I have quite a bit of floaters and a plate for deflection.
Luckily my fish enjoy frolicking!

I currently have 2 Male and 4 female Pseudomugil furcatus in this tank and am making plans to breed them. I hade a dozen Cherry shrimp but removed then so they wouldn't snack on my future fish! I plan on returning them when I get a few more rainbows. I would eventually like to add a group of Coryadora pygmaeus, the number to be decided dependent on the out one of my breeding attempt.

The tank has therefore been stalled as far as decorating and planting as I have been researching and preparing for fry.
There is also the obligatory Assassin snail lurking about.

I currently have
Hornwort
Jungle Val
Anubius
Anacharis
Dwarf lily
Pond Lilly that I am excited to prune and shape
Pothos ivy
Creeping Charie

Smooth rocks, various wood sticks, a citrine quartz point, an empty Mystery snail shell, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Okay, not the last thing...

This is the largest tank I've had and I can't wait to get a couple serious plants and tone down the Hornwort a bit. I am also eager to remove the plate although I am currently quite thankful for it and it's at least a natural colour. I will also be switching over to sand so I'm a bit shy on the gravel right now. I hope to get 4 or more rainbows and the pygmy cory, and put the shrimp back in their proper position as jesters of the tank.

Thanks for checking out my tank, good luck everybody ☆.

IMG_3632.JPG

This is my legendary 90L (25 gallon) aquarium cubed.
Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 45cm
Plants:
- Anubias
- Moss
- Marimo Moss Ball
- Unknown plant whose growth has exploded
Fish:
- 1 Pearl Gourami
- 1 Lab Cichlid
- 1 YoYo Loach
- 4 Cory cats
- 1 female swordtail
- 1 Zebra danio
- 2 female guppies
- 2 Cardinal Tetras (will get more soon)
- 1 Siamese Flying Fox Shark
- 1 Bristlenose Pleco

1 Canister Filter
2 Aerators running
The heater is part of the filter
A light that came with the tank

I've had this tank for 2.6 years now, and is really established and thriving well. Not too many fish, not understocked. I feed them tropical fish flakes in the morning, and cichlid pellets at dinnertime. This is by far my favourite, and I hope you liked it.
Thank you for you time :)

9E46D93F-8BB5-487E-87DE-AF61848E4918.jpeg

Superfish 100 (100 L tank)

4 days old
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2
Ph 7.0
Temp 26c

Aqua flow 300 filter
200w element
Smart air 2 air pump
Led lighting

pleco (common)
4 neon tetras
1 lamp eye

still a very new setup with 3 live plants(can’t remember what ones)

Feeding is currently 4pm daily with daily water tests
Weekly I will doing around 15-25% change
Plenty more stock to come for this tank but being new I don’t want to spike it.

End of entries.

Please slowly scroll up as you review the 5 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread.

In mid October, our Fish of the Month contest resumes. This month's contest will feature Betta Fish. If you have a Betta, we hope you will enter it in our FOTM contest.

Thanks for participating in our contests.

Last edited:
Just one day left in the poll. If you havent yet voted, please vote now!

Our next Tank of the Month will be accepting entries starting on November 1st. The November contest will feature tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back