Enter Now!.....August 2020 Tank of the Month Contest (30 US gallons and larger)

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
TOTM
:big_boss:
Please enter now!
(please read NEW RULE below)

Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls, all our fish lovers around the world. It's time for our monthly Tank of the Month Contest!

This month we are allowing only freshwater aquariums sized at 30 US gallons (114 liters) or larger to be entered in the TOTM contest.

If you have a tank of the above stated size, please consider entering this month's contest. It doesn't matter whether your tank is planted or not planted and it doesn't matter if your tank is not yet near your final goal. More entrants make the contest more interesting, so enter your tank today!

How do I enter?
New Rule: A picture uploaded via our "attach files" tool with a handwritten note held in front or attached to your tank with "August 2020 TFF TOTM" written on it is required to validate your entry. If you wish, you may post either a second picture OR a video (not both) without the note attached. Right under it, post a nice detailed write-up of your tank.
**The write up should include a good description of your tank including size, age of setup, fish stocking, water parameters, ferts used, lighting, filtration type, aeration, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.
Please note: When we set up the voting poll, we delete the picture with note attached if you post two pics. Only one pic OR one video will be posted in the voting poll.
  • The tank you enter must be in your household
  • If you won a TOTM contest previously, you must skip at least 2 contests before you can enter a different tank.
  • Video can be uploaded to youtube and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
  • A detailed description is required!
  • Entries will be accepted till 4 pm EST on August 6th or when we have 10 entrants...whichever comes first. Any entrant who posts an entry after we have 10 entrants will be asked to enter the next TOTM contest and his post will be deleted. The winner will be decided by votes cast by FishForums.net members. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!
Please don’t post any opinions about any specific entry. Such posts will be promptly deleted. Thread will be cleaned up occasionally for readability

dmpfishlover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does the Tank have to have fish in it? My tank is new and just finished cycling three weeks ago. I have been unable to add fish yet, because I can't find the fish I want in the numbers I want. I ordered fish two weeks ago through my LFS, but they have yet to come in, and I don't know when they will come in. I do have three Mystery snails in the tank. The tank is planted, and ready for fish, I just can't find the fish I want in any LFS yet.

OP
Fishmanic

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Does the Tank have to have fish in it? My tank is new and just finished cycling three weeks ago. I have been unable to add fish yet, because I can't find the fish I want in the numbers I want. I ordered fish two weeks ago through my LFS, but they have yet to come in, and I don't know when they will come in. I do have three Mystery snails in the tank. The tank is planted, and ready for fish, I just can't find the fish I want in any LFS yet.
It is perfectly fine to enter a tank without fish.

Meg0000

Fishaholic
Reaction score
20200731_155109.jpg
20200731_155214.jpg

Hi, this is my 55 gallon aquarium!
I setup this tank 4 months ago, I found it at a very low price so I couldn't resist to get it! I would describe it as a jungle style aquarium, it is also very simple in term of fish stocking and plants.

Fish: 10 hengeli rasboras, 3 pearl gourami, 8 aeneus corydoras, 2 amano shrimp,1 zebra nerite snail

Plants: Frogbit, duckweed, hydroctyle leucocephala, trident java fern, regular java fern, anubias, cryptocoryne wendtii, ludwigia arcuata, hygrophila angustifolia (not sure about this one), spiky moss, vallisneria

All of these plants are easy to grow in my experience but the ludwigia arcuata might be a little bit more difficult to grow.

Fertilizer: about 5 to 7 ml of seachem comprehensive a week

Substrate: caribsea sand and caribsea peace river gravel at the back of the rocks.

Good luck to everyone!

JBAwrench

Reaction score
20200801_082124.jpg

135 gallon acrylic tank on my patio(tropical climate region)
Home to:
1 Black ghost knife fish
1 Rope fish
2 common plecos
2 oscars,1 albino 1 tiger.
2 angel fish
1 s.a.e
1 baby bull frog
2 dozen or so apple snails.
Filter is a D.I.Y above tank media box with foam ceramics a u.v sterilizer and four bags of purigen.