Enough Space?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My 10 gallon tank currently has 5 harlequin rasboras in it and a ton of MTS/ramshorn. Would it be okay to add a shoal of pygmy corys? I have a sand bottom with a decent amount of driftwood and a good sized piece of slate rock. If not corys, what are some other options besides a betta?

Are you going to upgrade later for the harlequins? The minimum for them is 15g. They also prefer groups of 6+, the more the better :)

In a 10 you could have pygmy, hastatus, or habrosus cories. The habrosus are the most cory like as they stay mainly on the bottom while the other two like to swim in the middle as well as the bottom. These also prefer groups of 6+.

I'm not sure if I'd have both schools in a 10, hopefully someone more experienced with stocking numbers will touch on that. Maybe with good filtration and tank maintenance it'll be ok.

Snails or shrimp might be a good addition. There are other fish that could go in a 10 but I wouldn't add any more mid-top dwellers since the harley's already have that and would be better off with more.
I'm not trying to bash your tank or fish at all and really hope I'm not coming off that way. Just want what's best for them :)

Some smaller fish for a 10g would be: Peacock gudgeons, mosquito rasbora, neon green rasbora, celestial pearl danios, spotted blue-eyes/pseudomugil gertrudae, certain killifish, hara jerdoni. Others too that I'm not thinking of!

What are the dimensions of the tank, OP?

Ninjouzata said:
Are you going to upgrade later for the harlequins? The minimum for them is 15g. They also prefer groups of 6+, the more the better
smile.png

In a 10 you could have pygmy, hastatus, or habrosus cories. The habrosus are the most cory like as they stay mainly on the bottom while the other two like to swim in the middle as well as the bottom. These also prefer groups of 6+.

I'm not sure if I'd have both schools in a 10, hopefully someone more experienced with stocking numbers will touch on that. Maybe with good filtration and tank maintenance it'll be ok.

Snails or shrimp might be a good addition. There are other fish that could go in a 10 but I wouldn't add any more mid-top dwellers since the harley's already have that and would be better off with more.
I'm not trying to bash your tank or fish at all and really hope I'm not coming off that way. Just want what's best for them
smile.png

Some smaller fish for a 10g would be: Peacock gudgeons, mosquito rasbora, neon green rasbora, celestial pearl danios, spotted blue-eyes/pseudomugil gertrudae, certain killifish, hara jerdoni. Others too that I'm not thinking of!
Not disagreeing with what you said but I originally got the rasboras because according to live aquaria a 10 gallon is minimum....however, I found at least 2 sources that say the minimum is 15 AND 2 other that say 10. I guess it's kind of a mixed opinion.

fluttermoth said:
What are the dimensions of the tank, OP?
20x12x10
I believe it's 20x12x10

Keep in mind liveaquaria is a place that takes your money, but you're right. Check as many sites as you can and then make your own decision on that. :)
I really like seriouslyfish which is where I pulled the 15g info from, HERE it is. It is much better to go off dimensions though like Fluttermoth suggests.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back