English Slang

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Everyone all tickety-boo?
is everyone ok?
Aye...right chuffed with the weather but its left me a bit knackered! Hubby is throwing a wobbly though coz I drank his last bevvy so I've legged it upstairs, can't be arsed with it so he'll have to crack on while I wander around starkers for a while to cool off....
Yes, I'm happy with this weather but it's left me a bit tired. My husband is getting annoyed and chucking a hissy fit though because I drank his last beer, so I've run upstairs, can't be bothered with it so he will have to carry on while I walk around naked to cool off.

is everyone ok?

Yes, I'm happy with this weather but it's left me a bit tired. My husband is getting annoyed and chucking a hissy fit though because I drank his last beer, so I've run upstairs, can't be bothered with it so he will have to carry on while I walk around naked to cool off.
It's cheating to use Google Translate, if that's what you did...

I'm from Brizzle, which famously has it's own unique slang that even other Brits don't understand.

"Gert lush"
"Alright me babber"
"Proper mint, innit"
"ark at ee!"

I'm from Brizzle, which famously has it's own unique slang that even other Brits don't understand.

"Gert lush"
"Alright me babber"
"Proper mint, innit"
"ark at ee!"
Ah yes, the Bristolians are a breed all their own! So are the Scouse and Brummies 🤯

Here near Newcastle we have our own language of slang - see sentence below

A went to the boozer with me marra’s to watch the toon on the tele. Seen these proper munter lasses walking on the other side of the street! Even the spuggies pegged it. Proper belta

Yeah translate that one

Ah yes, the Bristolians are a breed all their own! So are the Scouse and Brummies 🤯
Northerners have a wide range of slang I'd never heard before too :D

Despite being from Brizzle, I don't really speak much Bristolian. My mother is from Birmingham, but the area where they don't have strong Brummie accents, so she'd rebuke us as kids if we used "gert lush" or "keener" (something I was often called since I was studious in school), so she kinda shaped my accent! Then I moved around all over the midlands once I left home, and consciously slowed down my speaking rate since people couldn't understand me if I spoke at Brizzle speed, so my accent isn't that strong! I count that as a good thing really.

If I ever catch a bus though, I still can't resist a "cheers, drive!" when getting off ;):p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back