England: Flood Alert Amid Storm Warnings

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
"The Environment Agency has issued a severe flood warning for the whole of the Devon and Cornwall coast amid storm warnings for south and west Britain.

Large parts of England and Wales are braced for what experts warn may be the worst storm of the winter.

The Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for much of the UK, with winds of up to 80mph (130km/h).

Forecasters said storms on Monday and Tuesday could disrupt travel and bring down power lines and trees";

Full story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7285859.stm

Ah i got lotsa canned food, tea and noodles to ride me through this storm, i do worry though about power cuts with my fish tanks and all though. Wonder how bad this storm is gonna be...

and my mates off to work in Shetlands in morning on a boat!!!! mad

in the north east we have had storms for the past 3 weekends, funny how when a wind picks up down south it hits the news....dinnet be so soft down there.

And as always, God's people in Essex are spared the worst of it. :D

Sounds like some fun weather conditions, I love a good storm - sitting inside watching the rain go sideways has a strange appeal to me.

*looks out the window at the hail*

..........fun. :(

Well while i sit here at my laptop with the wind and rain battering the windows beside me, i just read an article saying that there's a lot more of this storm to come yet;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7287662.stm?lsm

Meh...I feel so tired right now, could hardly get any sleep last night because of the storm -_- .

Worst has been and gone. I can honestly say that it was soooo not what I expected. Sure we had some hail, and some wind ... but nothing completely out of the ordinary. Maybe we were just lucky, I definatly won't call it the worst we've had this winter. Plus it didn't set in until Tuesday afternoon.

Worst has been and gone. I can honestly say that it was soooo not what I expected. Sure we had some hail, and some wind ... but nothing completely out of the ordinary. Maybe we were just lucky, I definatly won't call it the worst we've had this winter. Plus it didn't set in until Tuesday afternoon.

It was really stormy where i live in Somerset, it was worst on day one, then got better over the next couple of days- i'm actually very surprised i didn't get any powercuts, the winds were very strong and it rained most of the time and we even had some strong hail.

That wasn't a storm, just average weather for March really, the wind always picks up and delivers some nice icey rain from the East at this time of year but some reason the media decided to make a big deal of it this time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back