Endlers vs. Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KnuckleHead

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok whats the difference betwen endlers and guppies aside from the coloration? I know they can cross breed wich makes them basically the same species.

I heard not too long ago that endlers are guppies,just a subspecies or something,just like black mollies and the silver sailfins etc.
endlers look pretty much like wild gups(or feeding guppies)Although I must say,male endlers are more brightly colored than a regular wild guppy.Females look the same.
Maybe the major difference is that gups show more variety in color and shape.Its been said that no two guppies look alike;They all have different patterns and colors on treir bodies.Gups tails also present varietions,we have the deltas,veils,crowns,single or double swords,round,lyretails,etc.etc.Male endlers lack this quality.
You may or may not know that there are not many different types of endlers,they all look similar although, I have seen some being offered on auction that show different coloration and pattern.All males have similar caudals and as far as I know there are no "fancy"types.
Some people say they cannot tell them appart.Trust me you can tell!Endlers are brightly colored.I used to have these two males,very similar pattern on their bodies with almost neon orange ,neon green and some black dots.Really beautiful fish they were.

well,I hope this helped you some.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back