Endlers or Guppies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DogFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon that will be planted, and think I am going to put in a school of either Endlers or guppies in it. MALE only, as I do not want to deal with fishlets.
I am leaning toward endlers, only becuase they are smaller and I will be able to have a few more.
Which would you choose, and why??
How many would you put in of either one...?
Tanks!!

Just a tip,even tho you're in canada,if you put endlers in that tank and let them breed and keep the line pure,you can make some decent bucks on them on aquabid. Endlers are a hot item on there. There are people in canada who want them and not alot of people up there have any to offer,you may want to consider. I've made over $250 in less than a year on my endlers babies,and I still have a ton more to sell. ;)

I'd keep endlers, especially if i could find the peacock variety, I think its called, with the spots on their tails. I love the little guys- they have such personality! I also love their neon orange and hot pink coloration. A school of them darting around your tank, flashing past and whizzinf back into the foliage would be a pretty thing indeed.

wait i saw some endlers and they look exactly like the feeder guppies down here

A female endler's guppy is pretty plain and brown, like the feeders (unless there are some colorful females?) But healthy males should have splashes of neon orange and florescent yellow on them. There's also green and brown, I believe. This page has some piccies of them in the top row, though they really don't do the colors justice.

yep, ive never seen an endler priced for anything but a feeder guppy here. there are MANY like that.

I have pure orange chested endlers that had a few peacock tail baby males. Pretty wierd,but they sold a pretty price. :hey:

HeatherSweetness said:
Just a tip,even tho you're in canada,if you put endlers in that tank and let them breed and keep the line pure,you can make some decent bucks on them on aquabid. Endlers are a hot item on there. There are people in canada who want them and not alot of people up there have any to offer,you may want to consider. I've made over $250 in less than a year on my endlers babies,and I still have a ton more to sell. ;)
Thanks all. Endlers it is. I have a breeder right here in my city and he has different colours, all pure-breds so that will make a great tank.

HeatherSweetness, what kind of setup do you have for breeding and holding tanks. As a newbie, I'm not sure I want to get into this, but am certainly curious.
One tank to breed them in, and one or two tanks to hold the babies? What size tanks? Foam filters ?
There are several people in our city getting into endlers, so they may become pretty plentiful here.
Thanks!

I wish we had some nice endler breeders here. Most of the ones at the LFS are pretty plain, and I dont really know of any good breeders in Edmonton :(. Still, I like even the regular looking endlers just because of their personality.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back