Endler's Livebearer in 6.6 PH

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My apologies for the belated reply. Been at the hospital for a few days.

Well, a lot of stores also use the name "Poecilia wingei" for endler hybrids. Officially that would be incorrect to use that name. But a lot of stores think it's more interesting and also a selling point to use "Poecilia wingei".
So, I don't know wether you're having pure ones or hybrids. The parameters you've mentioned should be higher. It's already been mentioned overhere by other how to increase the hardness.

I hope you feel better!
Thank you for your advice, I'll work on increasing it, whats a good way to keep it stable?

I hope you feel better!
Thank you for your advice, I'll work on increasing it, whats a good way to keep it stable?

You have two methods of increasing GH/pH/KH. One is with a calcareous substrate sand; these very slowly dissolve calcium and magnesium into the water. It is less easy to maintain a specific GH/KH/pH but if all you have in the tank are fish requiring harder water, this can be effective. Many years ago I used this for my mollies. But if you need to maintain a specific GH/KH/pH, then using a mineral salts preparation is better. There are rift lake cichlid salts available (these are salts of minerals like calcium and magnesium, not "salt" as in sodium chloride which should never go into a freshwater tank), and you need to prepare the water outside the aquarium at each water change so you add water with the same GH/KH/pH to the tank and avoid shocking the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back