Empty rum bottle in tank: how to preserve label?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rasbora98

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

We would love to use an empty rum bottle as decoration for our aquarium. However, the brand of rum we'd prefer (captain morgan) has a paper label. Is there a way to safely seal the label with some kind of clear varnish or glue? I read that clear nailpolish is safe to use in an aquarium but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance! :)

I think there is something that could possibly be used, believe @AdoraBelle Dearheart had a thread about applying a clear lacquer for tank decor so this would apply here for your situation.

Can’t remember tbh what the final outcome of that was, will try to find that thread for you.

Found the thread -

There seems to be a few viable options on that thread that looks good imho, there is a bit of waffle on that thread but do bear with it and you’ll find a couple of products that may work for you.

Hopefully AdoraBelle Dearheart will let us know how she got on with any of these products.

Found the thread -

There seems to be a few viable options on that thread that looks good imho, there is a bit of waffle on that thread but do bear with it and you’ll find a couple of products that may work for you.

Hopefully AdoraBelle Dearheart will let us know how she got on with any of these products.
I haven't done anything with any of them yet :D:lol:

I did warn that it might be an idea that I'd have in my mind for months or years, and might never get around to :rofl:

It's still in my mind to do it at some point, but then fertiliser problem happened, then fish started breeding, and all projects like this went on the back burner ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back