Emperor Pro 450

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kerncake233

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone tried out the new Marineland Emperor Pro 450 HOBs? I got a couple up and running and am very pleased. It's an upgrade from the 400, just a smoother design basically. Bit more gph up to 450 from the 400, and now has a flow control which is cool. Otherwise, basically the same reliable filter. Still uses same replaceable filter cartridges, which I find are a waste of $ and just make my own with pinky filter paper or something similar. Plenty of room for whatever media you want. Also, the center has a compartment for some additional media or a micron polishing filter. Still uses the bio wheels which to me are sorta irrelevant.. The boy likes to watch them spin and I guess they do allow for some additional bacteria growth so whatever. The filters are pretty quiet and now come with a hinged lid, which is also pretty cool. However, I've found that the hinged part constantly snaps out and has to be snapped back into place. Minor. I did notice that on the flow control there was a very small drip leak every couple seconds. The flow control sits over the aquarium so it drips back into the tank and isn't a big deal. I took a photo of it and emailed Marineland. They immediately sent me a brand new 450 and let me keep the old one, so no issues. Very happy with Marineland customer service and the filters in general. Just my two cents in case anyone sees em in the stores or is debating getting one.

Pros: Quiet, efficient, large media holding area, easy to adjust to one's preference/needs, easy to maintain. Good customer service.

Cons: Hinged lid needs to be resnapped into place regularly, which is minor and obviously doesn’t affect performance. No other real cons in my opinion.

Recommended

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back