1 apple snail

Water Parameters:
Ammonia: 0
NitrIte: 0
NitrAte: 15-20
pH: 8.4
kH and gH: test won't come out

Newest additions:
snail, and the swordtails are from saturday.

Issue:

Two days ago, my female red velvet swordtail stopped eating. I came home from school yesterday, she was dead, with only have of her scales on her. The male red velvet had a discolored patch when I bought him (didn't think much of it), and now it's gotten bigger, and the scales around it are protruding and he is having a hard time swimming, he is also not eating. The other swordtail had blood red poop when I got it, but now has clear, stringy poop, and is having a harder time swimming.

I am treating the tank with KanaPlex (internal and external bacterial med) and parasite flake (active ingredient: fenbendazole). I am not sure what I am treating. I tried to take a video of the male, but it's not the best:

What is wrong with them? I have called the shop I got them from, and another good shop around here, and looked up online. Can't find anything.

The video shows nothing as such not enough detail in shot would try with light on but indications would suggest possible dropsey

It's definatley not dropsy. I did my best with the video. I was told my the National Fish pharmacy that it's a external parasite. But they couldn't tell me what kind. I think I am going to treat the tank with coppersafe.

I would go with the flake & the copper. As far as the KanaPlex, are you going by their directions for dosage?

Thanks John. One step a head of you. Already treating with the Copper. I am going by the directions for the bacterial med.

Most reactions

Back