Emergency! - RED LEG on ADF please help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rose_scooter

Reaction score
I've just noticed one of my adf's has a bright red leg. He has been lethargic. I'm sure it's red leg.
I've isolated him. He seems to be eating fine.
Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to treat this? I don't have $70 to spend on an exotic vet. I'm begging anyone, I've only had him for 3 months.

Attachments

• 20201221_170114.jpg
    20201221_170114.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 118
Don't ask me, I'm not a herpetologist, I'm a fishy doctor.

As a general rule, you can't use fish medications on frogs because it normally kills them. You can try doing a 75% water change and gravel cleaning the substrate every day for a week and see if it helps. Otherwise contact a frog doctor or zoo. The zoos have herpetologists that deal with frogs.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

I just talk to my friend about this, he said "red leg" caused by poor water qualities and is a bacteria infections, do a water changes as Colin says.

From my researched you can add Tetracycline to treat him.

Last edited:
You don't use salt on frogs because they draw it into their body through their skin and it damages their kidneys and causes them to blow up like a balloon.

You don't use salt on frogs because they draw it into their body through their skin and it damages their kidneys and causes them to blow up like a balloon.
So...um...I will deleted it, might be misinformation from some website....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back