EMERGENCY! Dying fish. Bullied guppy. Need help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Obsessed with fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a dying guppy being bullied by a betta in a 3 gallon. I know I made the wrong decision to put a guppy with a betta. The guppy has rips in his find shown here. He is also swimming weirdly. I have a quarantine tank that is 1/2 gallon. Someone in my family made the bad decision (not me) to bleach the aqarium rocks in the hospital tank. Is it safe to put him in there. If not are there any other options. Please save him before it's to late.
20211004_114453.jpg

I have a dying guppy being bullied by a betta in a 3 gallon. I know I made the wrong decision to put a guppy with a betta. The guppy has rips in his find shown here. He is also swimming weirdly. I have a quarantine tank that is 1/2 gallon. Someone in my family made the bad decision (not me) to bleach the aqarium rocks in the hospital tank. Is it safe to put him in there. If not are there any other options. Please save him before it's to late.
View attachment 144573
Oh boy. What kind of rocks are in the 1/2 gallon? Picture of them? Typically, bleach is safe if you make sure it’s rinsed really well. I would separate the guppy for sure, the betta will kill him. If he’s swimming weirdly, it may be too late. Keep the water in the half gallon clean, like daily water changes if you need to.

Oh boy. What kind of rocks are in the 1/2 gallon? Picture of them? Typically, bleach is safe if you make sure it’s rinsed really well. I would separate the guppy for sure, the betta will kill him. If he’s swimming weirdly, it may be too late. Keep the water in the half gallon clean, like daily water changes if you need to.
Ok i will do water changes every day

Will he survive, are there any ways to help him. Here's an image of him swimming weirdly. I want to know a % chance of survival. He is able to swim to the top for a breath but he struggles a lot.
20211004_121235.jpg

Do you have any live plants or hides? Can we see the 3 gallon? Your 14 gallon is cycling, right? Do you have any plants in there?

Live plants. That doesn't look very inviting for a fish. He looks like he is trying to hide from the bright lights and any predators

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back