Emeraldking Has Joined Our Moderator Team

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Congrats and a BIG THANKS go out to @emeraldking for joining our mod team to aid in keeping our forum a family friendly place for all our fish lovers around the world.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
@Colin_T said:
Starting to get concerned about all these moderators on the forum now. They might be getting ready to hunt werewolves. Time to go ninja mode :ninja:

Yeh @Colin_T , we now have 6 moderators to keep you in line. Watch out @Colin_T , we're coming for ya!@
:laser: :hatchetchase::flushem:

Last edited:
Another one? is this forum THAT bad?
One of the roles of moderators is approving the first post of new members. That way we keep spam from polluting our forums. Having several mods lowers the approval time required to approve new members so that newbies' first post is seen by the members of our forum sooner and they can get their questions answered. We now have 3 active mods in the US and 3 in Europe.

Last edited:
Until a week or so ago there were 4 moderators - 2 in America and 2 in Europe. Different time zones, so while Wills and I were asleep Fishmanic and Whistling Badger were available then when Wills and I woke up, Fishmanic and Whistling Badger were preparing for sleep.

But what if one mod in a time zone went on holiday or became ill, or had visitors staying for a few days? That would leave just one mod in that time zone. And if that mod also became ill or went out for the day, there would be no mods available until the other time zone mods woke up. Most of you know that first posts have to be approved, and if there are no mods on-line, these posts get held up. This is not good for new members with emergencies.

So it was decided to appoint 2 more mods, one for each time zone. SlapHppy7 is the new American mod and emeraldking the new European mod.

Edit - Fishmanic posted as I was typing :)

Until a week or so ago there were 4 moderators - 2 in America and 2 in Europe. Different time zones, so while Wills and I were asleep Fishmanic and Whistling Badger were available then when Wills and I woke up, Fishmanic and Whistling Badger were preparing for sleep.

But what if one mod in a time zone went on holiday or became ill, or had visitors staying for a few days? That left just one mod in that time zone. And if that mod also became ill or went out for the day, there would be no mods available until the other time zone mods woke up. Most of you know that first posts have to be approved, and if there are no mods on-line, these posts get held up. This is not good for new members with emergencies.

So it was decided to appoint 2 more mods, one for each time zone. SlapHppy7 is the new American mod and emeraldking the new European mod.

Edit - Fishmanic posted as I was typing :)
How many active members does TFF have, presently?

I tried to find this info, but only see the ones who are currently online

I don't know how you'd find that out.

We have members that are here almost every day; we have members who pop in a couple of times a week or every couple of months. We have new members who stay around for a while then disappear - can we class those as active? Just because they haven't logged in for a while doesn't mean they won't come back. Then there are those members who view the forum regularly but don't log in unless they want to make a post.

We have members that are here almost every day; we have members who pop in a couple of times a week or every couple of months. We have new members who stay around for a while then disappear - can we class those as active? Just because they haven't logged in for a while doesn't mean they won't come back. Then there are those members who view the forum regularly but don't log in unless they want to make a post.
what if they haven't been active in 10 years? do they still count?

This is what I figured, thanks...the "Members Online" box in the right pane of the screen shows nearly 600, FWIW...

Our active moderators are
Fishmanic
Essjay
WhistlingBadger
Slaphppy7
Wills
Emeraldking

Our adminstrators are
Veraderock
Chad
Dascrow

Dascrow is able to see which members are active over a set time period. I know we have about 2500 registered members who have been on our site in the last 3 months. They don't have to post to be counted.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back