Ember tetras or dwarf rasboras?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

beedobu

Reaction score
I'm gonna be stocking up a new 8 gal planted tank in a few weeks, but I'm still not sure what to get.
choice would be between h. amandae, b. brigittae or b. maculata, and it's all up to aesthetic, basically. I'm gonna start with 7 or 8 and get to a dozen later on.
their tankmates will be 3 yellow neocaridina davidii.
gh and kh don't matter as my tap isn't the best quality so I'm using dechlorinated water with salts and bacteria added in, so I can alter anything as I wish.

I've read somewhere that Amandae needs a bigger tank, I could be wrong though, as for the others you mentioned I don't really know about them,so sorry. What about chilly rasbora? They are small and have a pretty color too.

chili rasboras are boraras brigittae!
b. maculata are basically the same but they're less red and they have a black spot near their fins instead of a long stripe.

Both of these species should be in a tank at least 45x30 cm. I don't think an 8G is enough space for them.

What are the tank dimensions? I had a group of 11 Boraras brigittae and 9 or 10 Corydoras pygmaeus in my planted 10g.

BTW, always add the entire intended number of a species together, always. If you intend 12 in total of a species, get all 12 at the same time (if you can, meaning if the store has them). They will always settle in much quicker with fewer problems or risks the more there are. It makes quite a difference with shoaling species.

the dimensions of the interior are 38x26x32, so when filled it holds 8.3 gallons or 31.6 liters.
I'd avoid pygmy cories since they're mad expensive at the store I usually go to (12€)
I can share a pic of the setup as well if i need to :)
and thanks for the info!

b.maculata are nice little fish and really easy to breed. Iv got a 10g full of them now. I'm sure Chilli's would be the same

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_165630923.jpg
    IMG_20201113_165630923.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 133

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back