Ember tetras in my 10 gallon! Can I add pygmy corys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, my LFS has galaxy rasboras, brigittae rasboras and ember tetra right now, these are the 3 fish options I gave my parents for the aquarium we will have in the living room buf it's in my bedroom at the moment (I also have crystal red shrimp in it). They would like to know if we could mix two species of the fish I mentionned or if we could get one of these species and get the female betta at my LFS that was with red cherry shrimp. If you have other fish stocking ideas I would like to know also! :)

I have ember tetras and boraras brigittae together. In a 10G I might be tempted to get a big group of one species. All of these species are much better in a group of 20 or more - this would be fine in a 10G but only 1 group.

I just got 9 ember tetras :yahoo: I am thinking of getting pygmy corys too, is that a good idea?

Pygmies are lovely! I got one earlier this week. Wasn't planning to yet, only got the single one because he was the only one in the tank, and I felt sorry for him! So I got him so he'd at least have my other fish for company, and will add more as soon as my LFS can get some more in.

He's adorable! They're so small and cute, and he's so active. Fantastic little fish, you won't regret it.

Pygmies are lovely! I got one earlier this week. Wasn't planning to yet, only got the single one because he was the only one in the tank, and I felt sorry for him! So I got him so he'd at least have my other fish for company, and will add more as soon as my LFS can get some more in.

He's adorable! They're so small and cute, and he's so active. Fantastic little fish, you won't regret it.
I hope your LFS will get more soon! I will call my LFS to ask them if they can get them. I agree they're so cute!

I hope your LFS will get more soon! I will call my LFS to ask them if they can get them. I agree they're so cute!
I hope he can too! I asked and he said they weren't available on his most recent order, which is part of why I got him, 'cos he wouldn't get anymore for a while, and I didn't want the chance that someone else might buy him and keep him alone. I know that I'll have a school of 10-12 as soon as I can!

Please post pics when you do get some!
DSCF4301.JPG

The store guy said Larry the Loner when I got him, and that has stuck. But he seems happy as Larry now, so Larry it is!

I hope he can too! I asked and he said they weren't available on his most recent order, which is part of why I got him, 'cos he wouldn't get anymore for a while, and I didn't want the chance that someone else might buy him and keep him alone. I know that I'll have a school of 10-12 as soon as I can!

Please post pics when you do get some!
View attachment 120064

The store guy said Larry the Loner when I got him, and that has stuck. But he seems happy as Larry now, so Larry it is!
Larry is so cute! It might take a while before I get them because last time they had them the employee told me they were hard ro source (not sure if that's the good word in english) but when I will I will post a video and tag you!

Tank looks great with the ember tetras in it, thanks for posting the video. I would be tempted to have a few more embers.
Thank you! How many would have you got? I don't think I will add more since there will be a lot of shrimps soon, the 2 female are pregnant!

I only have 4 right now, had 10 about a year ago. They are hard to find around here with C19, I want to bring my shoal back up to 10 or even add more to 15 to 20 when I have my 29 gallon tank changed over to soft water. I want to give them their own tank. I also hope to breed them. My other shoals of tetras are larger with my neon at 27 and my glow light at 14

I only have 4 right now, had 10 about a year ago. They are hard to find around here with C19, I want to bring my shoal back up to 10 or even add more to 15 to 20 when I have my 29 gallon tank changed over to soft water. I want to give them their own tank. I also hope to breed them. My other shoals of tetras are larger with my neon at 27 and my glow light at 14
They would look awesome in a big school for your 29 gallons! Are they easy to breed?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back