Email notifications

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Byron

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have my preferences set to receive emails of new posts to threads I am following, but there have been no emails on any topics for a few weeks now. I think it changed around the time this new advertising stuff appeared. Prior to that, i usually (but not always) received emails of alerts.

Is there a reason, anyone know?

Byron.

I don’t know how to turn them off! Does anyone know how I can not receive emails?

I don’t know how to turn them off! Does anyone know how I can not receive emails?
Left click your name (in top right of screen).
Click "Preferences"
Under the "Options" heading, remove the tick from the box next to
"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies"

Thank you @Colin_T!

I can’t help you with the other question. A Moderator will have to help you on that one, good luck! :)

Byron: I have been getting the email for conversations and for any topics I am following . Just be sure you have "receive email" checked for any topics you are following.

Byron: I have been getting the email for conversations and for any topics I am following . Just be sure you have "receive email" checked for any topics you are following.

I have checked, today for the third time. All emails are checked, but none have come since this new advertising issue. Not saying that is it, but that was when they stopped.

I will watch this thread and check off email notifications to see if I get an email alert...So post something here and I will check.

I will watch this thread and check off email notifications to see if I get an email alert...So post something here and I will check.

Right, here's a post.

one more post please....so I can check my end

I'll do a new post rather than a response post this time.

well the results are I did receive an email from this thread and also got an alert on the site....so try resetting your notifications...check all the thread you watch and make sure you set email notifications for each one... no one else has reported an issue

well the results are I did receive an email from this thread and also got an alert on the site....so try resetting your notifications...check all the thread you watch and make sure you set email notifications for each one... no one else has reported an issue

Are you saying Ihave to individually set each thread to receive an email? I've no idea how to do that, there are no such options I can see. I have my profile thing set, it has been since I joined, and i used to get emails when someone posted in a thread I watch.

there is a small "watch thread" link at top of each thread in upper right area....you click on that and then click on "alert" and then click also on email notifications if you want to get an email whenever a post is made

there is a small "watch thread" link at top of each thread in upper right area....you click on that and then click on "alert" and then click also on email notifications if you want to get an email whenever a post is made

Mine seems different. The "button" in the upper right of each thread I have posted in says "Unwatch thread" and if I click on that, the pop-up comes up saying "You are watching this thread. Use the button below if you would like to stop watching this thread." There is nothing about emails in this pop-up.

Do use you an email client? If you do, have you checked your server's website in case it is putting emails notifications into the spam folder?

My husband's email server decided a couple of years ago that all emails from our gas supplier were spam, including those emails saying there was a new bill, so he never saw them until I thought to check the server.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back