Elodea densa

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brendanpat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi .just wondering should I trim off the stringy roots things growing from my elodea densa plants or leave alone ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-153822_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-153822_Gallery.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 67
It’s your personal preference. I tend to leave mine, until they get to were it looks like a forest of white, then I trim them.

No problem!

After the plant grows to the surface, you can gently cut it in half, and replant the trimmings. Make sure to remove the leaves at the bottom, or they will rot under the substrate.

No problem!

After the plant grows to the surface, you can gently cut it in half, and replant the trimmings. Make sure to remove the leaves at the bottom, or they will rot under the substrate.
When I planted those ones about 2weeks ago I didn't remove the leaves . I dont really want to have to pull them up . Will it be rotten under the sand ?will that do any harm ?

When I planted those ones about 2weeks ago I didn't remove the leaves . I dont really want to have to pull them up . Will it be rotten under the sand ?will that do any harm ?
That’s ok, you don’t have no remove then now.

Some people don’t bother with it, I just prefer it for this reason:
It can cause nitrates.

Sand looks good :thumbs:
Thanks . Going great from I redone it with new plants and cleaned all out . Only a slight green on a wee bit of the inside of glass after a week from I scrubbed it . And no other algae has come back yet . Only having my light set for 5 -10 o'clock in the evening. Its seems to be enough so far . :) and added 5 more neons yesterday to my school

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back