Elk hunting pictures

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
One should not count one's chickens...or elks.....you might find one loitering with intent within the caretaker's cupboard one day.....never say never ;)
Even if I found one, it isn't legal to hunt them in town...and the kids would never forgive me for leaving a gut pile on the playground. :lol: 🏹

Just think… if you score an elk, you’ll have a lot of antler pieces shaped like driftwwood to put in your tank
445D7401-64C1-419D-832F-9205BE690098.png

We have had moose and bears come down the creek along the back of our playground before, and one time I had to call a game warden to come "remove" a sick deer that was bedded down under the tree right by the back door of my classroom. Life in the foothills. :)

@Fishmanic One reason I thought I'd start this thread is to show all the non-killing aspects of hunting. One of the reasons I keep doing it, even though I rarely make a kill with my bow (rifle season follows archery season, and I often use my .270 to put some meat in the freezer) is all of the interesting things I experience out there being invisible in the woods and deserts. I bet I'm one of two or three people in the world that has seen that weird beaver pond. I just love being in the mountains, and for me it really is more about the experience than the kill.

That said, I really, really, really want to kill an elk this year. And I really think I'm going to.

Just think… if you score an elk, you’ll have a lot of antler pieces shaped like driftwwood to put in your tank
View attachment 167110
Only in a hardwater tank. ha ha ha

Antlers go on the wall, meat in the freezer, hide to the garage for scraping and tanning. Don't mix those up, children, or the results are unpleasant.

I really hope you get an Elk @WhistlingBadger but at the same time... RUN ELK RUN 🤣

If I ever write a book about my hunting adventures, I'm going to call it, "101 Ways to Almost Kill an Elk." I have had SO many close calls over the years, but I have never killed one with my bow. Elk are extraordinarily good at what they do, and mostly what they do is avoid predators. That's why they call it "hunting" instead of "killing." :lol:

If I ever write a book about my hunting adventures, I'm going to call it, "101 Ways to Almost Kill an Elk." I have had SO many close calls over the years, but I have never killed one with my bow. Elk are extraordinarily good at what they do, and mostly what they do is avoid predators. That's why they call it "hunting" instead of "killing." :lol:
Yup. They are mostly prey animals so they have to be good at getting away :)
Good luck on your hunt!

The head is a "cut of meat"???
That made me laugh, too. And "ears" and "tail." I try to use all of the animal, but that's taking it a bit far.

Again: Head goes on the wall, meat goes in the freezer. Wives really hate it when you mix those up.

Some people eat cow’s brains so I bet some people would eat Elk’s brains…
but I’ll pass!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back