FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Impossibly possible

Reaction score
Hi, I've had fish for years now but new to TFF I've got a elephantnose, pentadon butterfly fish, spiny eel and a few bristlenose I was just wondering if I could add my black shark once I upgrade the tank as will be going either my 5ft tank or my 8ft tank depending if I can find/make a pond big enough for my barra etc

I'd steer away from mixing a labeo chrysophekadion with more gentle fish like your elephant and butterfly. Intimidation alone will probably be an issue with size differences.

The black shark (Labeo chrysophekadion) can grow to over 18 inches long in aquariums and is not a suitable fish for aquariums. They are highly territorial when mature and need a huge pond with big fish that can defend themselves. This fish should not be kept by anyone except perhaps public aquariums or people with half acre ponds in their backyard.

Aahhh yep do you reckon it would be better to keep him in the 8 ft till I get my big pond going for the barra if the shark is up to size do they grow fast
P.s. I plan to make the pond half my yard

Aahhh yep do you reckon it would be better to keep him in the 8 ft till I get my big pond going for the barra if the shark is up to size do they grow fast
P.s. I plan to make the pond half my yard
I just assumed you were keeping the labeo in the 8 foot already. Mine grew pretty fast, not like a red tail catfish or arapima, but still respectably quick. They're like a super sized Epalzeorhynchos bicolor on average, with individuals ranging from semiaggressive and being intimidated by other larger species like distichodus or arowana to other individuals being absolute terrors killing everything in sight.

I just assumed you were keeping the labeo in the 8 foot already. Mine grew pretty fast, not like a red tail catfish or arapima, but still respectably quick. They're like a super sized Epalzeorhynchos bicolor on average, with individuals ranging from semiaggressive and being intimidated by other larger species like distichodus or arowana to other individuals being absolute terrors killing everything in
I just assumed you were keeping the labeo in the 8 foot already. Mine grew pretty fast, not like a red tail catfish or arapima, but still respectably quick. They're like a super sized Epalzeorhynchos bicolor on average, with individuals ranging from semiaggressive and being intimidated by other larger species like distichodus or arowana to other individuals being absolute terrors killing everything in sight.
Yeah he is in a 6ft but only probably the size of my pinkie finger ATM hence why I'm trying to find a suitable tank while his small otherwise I'll move him on to someone who has a large enough space for him

At that age, I've successfully grown them out in a fish store setting with yasuhikotakia modesta, dawkinsia filamentosa, and trichopodus pectoralis.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back