Elephant nose Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bhuggins

Reaction score
I actually used to have one of these that lived for years in my tank after being ā€œtraded inā€. Back then we didnā€™t have the internet and I didnā€™t know much about it.

Iā€™m finding some info out there about them but was wondering if anyone had some input.

my most obvious question would be, is this a fish that would work for my tank (empty still cycling).

im wondering if they are tough to feed, are they peaceful or semi aggressive? What would be the best tank set up for them?

My tank is 55 gallon standard size, planted with sand substrate. Rocks, caves, and wood.
Ph 7.5
Hardness: either 11.5 or 12.5 (everyone is helping me figure that out in another post)

I don't know anything about them, but I found their diet:

'The Elephant Nose is carnivorous and will eat many types of meaty foods including; blood worms, chopped earthworms, brine shrimp, flake and pellet foods as well as an array of frozen meaty foods'

Hi I keep elephants my oldest is 10 years old great fish to own but they can be hard work. On feeding mine eat live or frozen bloodworm at night with lights out, morning they have brine shrimp, frozen tubifex , frozen prawn or mussels I usually get up early and feed them with the lights off. I found mine didn't do well with other fish only their own kind I have a king tiger pleco in but they leave her alone. I do 50% cleans weekly for them, they need somewhere to hide mine have a pipe. A 55 was what I had for my oldest then I bought more and upgraded and I'm looking at upgrading again. Sand is perfect for them I have plants and driftwood. Mine are peaceful among themselves but haven't been with other fish except plecos, and they live happy with amano shrimp too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back