Electric yellow tank mates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry for the late response, yes, they’ll be ok. As long as they don’t take over the tank when they breed.

I have a 90 litre fish tank with a big male electric yellow cichlid, and there are a huge amount of different species with it; that are peaceful! danios, platys, angelfish, pearl gourami, cardinal tetra, bristle nose catfish etc. All you really need is a space in the tank where the male electric yellow cichlid can make a territory. All my fish are fine, and rarely bothers them! :)

I always had problems keeping catfishes with my cichlid tanks until I got synodontis petricola catfish more commonly known as the leopard catfish maximum size is about 4 and 1/2 in. Here's a picture of my almost seven year old pair still going strong and now in a community tank.

They are very awesome looking catfishes a type of upside down catfish. I also had a King tiger pleco with my cichlids which is also almost 7 years old and the cichlids never bothered it at all this is a very cool looking pleco but it's very hard to find it can cost 25 to $35.

I have a striped Raphael Talking Catfish in my Malawi tank and he is like... BULLETPROOF; it's a really cool fish. Bought him from LFS but they didn't know what it was so I got a great deal and identified him myself. The aggressive ones don't bother him and there is never any left over food on the bottom. He is ravenous when it's feeding time, happy to pick up any leftovers. He even is starting to swim to the surface when I use the floating pellets. Really cool and tough fish. They call it a talking catfish because when removed from the water it makes a very weird "croaking" noise.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back