Electric gravel cleaners

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Merrimack

Reaction score
Hello all,
After being absent from fishkeeping for 30 years, I am curious to find out if anyone can recommend a decent electric gravel vacuum.
Currently, I have a 20 gallon community tank, a 5 gallon betta tank and a 36 gallon tank which is now cycling.

I have been using a manual cleaner for approximately 3 months but have no control over the volume of water it picks up once it starts.

Thanks and stay well!

I have only ever used the manual ones, I just pull the siphon end out of the water when I want it to stop

Don't waste your time on the electric/ battery gravel cleaners. They are rubbish. Just use a basic model gravel cleaner like the one in the following link.

I am curious to find out if anyone can recommend a decent electric gravel vacuum.
I have a normal suction pump one for just removing water but recently brought this battery one where you can remove water besides vacuuming and i've found it great so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_184611_0.jpg
    IMG_20200309_184611_0.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200310_120555_4.jpg
    IMG_20200310_120555_4.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 103
I also have battery gravel cleaner/ siphon which i really like but the only is that it has to have water up to a certain height for it to start siphoning which cause problems for small tanks. Also not great for filling up the tank again because you can not connect up to a tap. But other wise better the using a cup to empty the tank which i first did:rolleyes:, the electric one does the trick for me. :good:

With the manual type, if you want to slow down the water flow, just squeeze the tubing.
With the manual type, if you want to slow down the water flow, just squeeze the tubing.
Thanks Essjay. I tried squeezing the tube this past weekend and it worked like a charm. Sometimes the simplest things are the best solutions! Thanks again!

You will have to keep us informed on well it works and on how long it last. Good luck with it, :good:
I've still got it and brought some spare vacuum bags of amazon but the batteries where down to quick, so i purchased the electric socket and adaptor off amazon.

The AC/DC adapter can apply to most 3V to 12V household electronics,With 8connection tips for £12-99 and it is powerful and soon collects any waste.

1603289688904.png

Got both.

The siphon does an ok job. It removes the stuff and.water anyways...

The electric one I have actually does a better job of not clouding up the water, strangely. It's just a battery operated thing with a removable pouch on it. It's for "spot cleanings" in between. I like it...when I use it anyways. Seems I'm putting new batteries in every time I do use it tho...haha.

20201021_120022.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back