Electric Blue Jack Dempsey Growth Journal :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

He really has grown a lot and seems to be more beautiful each pic! Poseidon is a great nameĀ 
smile.png

Its been awhile since my last update, poor little guy has gone blind in one eye! :( I don't know what happened, one day I arrived home to see the eye looking quite swollen and scratched. I medicated as I would for pop-eye and the eye got better but it seems he cant see out of it anymore. It hasn't stopped him though and he is still very healthy and active. Eats a lot and has grown quite a bit more, I can see he's going to be truly stunning in a few more months, although he looks great now already :)
Ā 
I also put in one of my rams which was left out of the pairs that formed and got beaten up quite badly, and a tiny baby salvini.Ā Ā He seems happy to have some tankmates to interact with, coming out of his cave more often.
Ā 
Heres some more pics including a close up of the bad eye!

bad eye on his left side

Attachments

• WIN_20140619_173130.JPG
    WIN_20140619_173130.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 425
  • WIN_20140619_173154.JPG
    WIN_20140619_173154.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 420
  • WIN_20140619_173212.JPG
    WIN_20140619_173212.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 436
  • WIN_20140619_173238.JPG
    WIN_20140619_173238.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 426
He's looking gorgeous still, really sorry to hear about his eye! Hope he and the other fish get along well.

I should do this with mine. I'll try and get some pics of my two males up. One is very young. The other is fully grown. Nice fish.

Check out my journal I started in the general New World Cichlids section. Maybe it should be moved up here...

I had a EBJD a few years ago. They are just a mess. So pretty full of personality but have every genetic problem they could.Ā 

I've never had much trouble with mine. You have to be very careful when selecting them. Some are very good. Others have malformities and all kinds of problems.

Amazing fish and I'm very happy to hear a story about an under dog fish actuly making it whatever your doing keep doing it because he looks awesome :)
Wait till my baby cichlid comes its called the (RED PHOENIX KING CICHLID). It grows up to a large 32 inches.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back