Electric Blue Acara sexing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nanoinmiami

Reaction score
Dear all,

I was hoping to get your opinion on the sex of this pair of electric blue acaras?

Thank you as always

Attachments

• IMG_20180618_152601.jpg
    IMG_20180618_152601.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_20180618_152720.jpg
    IMG_20180618_152720.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 724
The fish in the picture with the big white camera flash reflection looks like a male.

The fish in the picture with the angelfish has a pointy anal fin and could be male too, but I can't see the dorsal fin properly. But fi the dorsal fin is long and pointy then it's a male as well.

The fish in the picture with the big white camera flash reflection looks like a male.

The fish in the picture with the angelfish has a pointy anal fin and could be male too, but I can't see the dorsal fin properly. But fi the dorsal fin is long and pointy then it's a male as well.

Can't thank you enough Colin.

Alas, my hopes of having a breeding pair have been dashed

Too young/small to tell and really only when breeding tubes drop will you know. The males will have a bigger head as they mature. I had a breeding pair of normal blue acaras years ago and I only could tell them apart because I saw them spawn. It is not easy to sex the little ones.

here is the one I have now and I think it is a female but I am not sure and she is stunted.
20180819_201553.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back