Electric blue acara fry are now swimming

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Not sure how to get the video up so put it on YouTube lol really happy and look to have quite a few this time not sure weather to leave them tho and I fear I will do more harm than good trying to get them out

That is really cool, well done, leave them alone
[/QUOTE
That is really cool, well done, leave them alone
they are doing a great job to be fair there is always one of them in the cave just I have saw a few get eaten by my other fish and it’s really annoying how they all hang about waiting for the free meal , iv been trying to target feed crushed pellets and flakes near the entry of the cave to try and keep them all fed , hopefully they last

You don't move them until they are about an inch long and swimming all over the tank by themselves. Currently the parents are still caring for them and watching over them.

When you film something on a phone, turn the phone so its horizontal, not vertical. Then the picture will fill the entire screen.

You don't move them until they are about an inch long and swimming all over the tank by themselves. Currently the parents are still caring for them and watching over them.

When you film something on a phone, turn the phone so its horizontal, not vertical. Then the picture will fill the entire screen.
Iv been thinking on there long term and I’m not sure if they will ever be able to go back into my tank once removed as my Oscar will surely eat anything under 2 inches and I’m guessing for eba to get two inches it would take months , it’s sad but I honestly don’t see a good out come for any fry these have atm

Under good conditions the fry should reach 2 inches long in about 3 months.

Under good conditions the fry should reach 2 inches long in about 3 months.
I’m guessing if I just left as is there would be no survivors by the end then

You would be surprised. Some baby fish usually survive and I have seen big tanks with full grown Oscars and other predatory fish in, and there were baby fish ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 3 inches in there.

If you have lots of rocks and plants to provide hiding places you will have more survive.

You would be surprised. Some baby fish usually survive and I have seen big tanks with full grown Oscars and other predatory fish in, and there were baby fish ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 3 inches in there.

If you have lots of rocks and plants to provide hiding places you will have more survive.

My Oscar can’t reach 90% of the hidy holes I have but I have other electric blue acara that can , I only really have the option of see what happens and hope for the best as I’m not set up with multiple tanks to do swap arounds , but they have had two lots of fry this month so if it’s going to be a regular thing I might have to invest in the second tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back