Eheim Help Please!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jakk

Reaction score
Hi all i am new to the forums and really need your help

I am at my whits end with my eheim 2213 i have tried loads of different ways to prime it after doing a load of reading into it and its still really loud i think the impeller may have broke.
while there are no bubbles going through any of the pipes and i have steady flow if i tilt the canister there is quite a good size air bubble in there.

here is how it sounds when i start it up after priming by sucking through the pipe that lets the water back into the tank to fill the canister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NFvOaP7kc

and here it is after the bubbles in the pipes seem to have gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYZjKpIBNU

Many thanks to all

Hi Jakk,
I don't know if your filter is the same as mine but I had a similar problem and no instructions. So in the absence of any other replies..... Assuming the pipe that sucks water from the tank has a "u-bend" as it exits the tank at the top, has it got a cap that screws off? If so shut both valves on top of the filter. Turn off the power to the filter. Undo the screw cap and pour tank water into it until it over fills. Put the cap back on. Turn on the filter. Turn on the "Open" valve very slowly and this should syphon the water through.
Might work, like I said, I've no idea how yours works but it done the job for me.

Hi Jakk,
I don't know if your filter is the same as mine but I had a similar problem and no instructions. So in the absence of any other replies..... Assuming the pipe that sucks water from the tank has a "u-bend" as it exits the tank at the top, has it got a cap that screws off? If so shut both valves on top of the filter. Turn off the power to the filter. Undo the screw cap and pour tank water into it until it over fills. Put the cap back on. Turn on the filter. Turn on the "Open" valve very slowly and this should syphon the water through.
Might work, like I said, I've no idea how yours works but it done the job for me.

thanks for the reply im not sure if i can do that on my tank but il give it a try!

Its no consolation but this feature or lack of feature really irritated me about this filter, in the end I ditched mine and went with the tetratec. If it seems to be working ok just abit noisy, just cover the filter with a blanket or similar muffler.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back