Eheim 2013

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lithril

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok I've recently been given a 3' (about 30gal) tank which I'm currently setting up, its got sand and water in and I've got a small filter running (from another tank) to start the cycling.

I'm going to get an eheim, the guy which gave me the tank has a Eheim 2013 which he said I can have ($ free YAY) are these any good and do they have enough capacity for my tank? Basically I either use this one or go out and buy one of the new Eheim Eccos???

Cheers, been looking on the web but most sites with info on these are in German :p

I got a second hand 40inch tank with about 30Galls capacity. It came with an old eheim 2013 and it seems to be fine. Just get good quality media to put in it and I should think it'll be every bit as good as a new one.

Only problem I had was that one of the rubber 'O' rings on the hose connections had perished and leaked and I had to search high and low to find a replacement.

Martin.

Anyone know of a good uk based site to get spares? Its working a dream but the impeller sounds like its rattling slightly, wondering if the bushes have perished???

I have a 2011 running on a 20g and a 2017 running on a 75g. They both rattled a bit to begin with, and after a couple of hours were running virtually silent.
Both filters (especially the larger one) do a great job.

I don't bother with all the expensive filter media, mine have been running with the net section at the bottom, large gravel in the middle, and normal filter floss at the top for some time and work great. Just rinse half the gravel in tank water every 6 weeks or so and Bob's your uncle! :D

jump

Ltihril,

Try Aquatics Unlimited - I've always found them to be very good.

Eheim filters pads, impellers, etc - on this page "Eheim 7632600 Impeller & Shaft : 2013" for £7.99

Various Eheim tubes and parts here

Be careful though, there is a lot of good stuff available - I spent almost £250 on that site today!!!!

HTH, Eddie

P.S. if you need to get part numbers try http://www.eheimparts.com/ - although they only sell in the USA it will be good for reference. There is also a PDF showing part number on the Eheim site at http://www.eheim.com/pdf/15.pdf

I am a huge fan of the Eheim Classic series canister, and I would never buy the Ecco over it. The Ecco is a Fluval competitor - it is easier to use, but not as effective.

The Eheim classics have absolutely no water bypass, and the simple open container design gives the most control. That they are rock solid reliable and completley silent is just an added bonus. I simply stock mine with foam and filter floss, making maintenance cheap and easy. Truely a remarkable filter.

Lithril said:
or go out and buy one of the new Eheim Eccos???

DON'T buy eccos... I have only heard bad about those filters.

I have 2013, it's good - it's isnt either so expensive. I use it in peat filtrations only :rolleyes: And if there isn't any taps, buy double tap connectors. After those it's easily to clean it.

douple tap connector

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back