Egg's

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kato

Reaction score
I just found out that my Kribensis has sucesfully laid 30-40 eggs!!!

Since this is the first time i have experienced this, and have never befor breed this fish. I was wondering what i should do?

The the Krib is currently in a comunity tank with a convict, jewel and this other fish that i cant remember the name of. :p

:) Hi kato, welcome to the forum. You've got 2 options.
1 - Remove the other fish and let the kribs raise the brood.
2 - Let them take their chances with the other fish present. The kribs will defend the eggs and youngsters, but may not be able to save all the fry.
Let us know how you get on :thumbs: Mac.

Does the Krib have a mate? If not then eggs will be infertile. I had an Angel that did the same. Fed her greenfoods and frozen livefoods, so naturally she came into condition and laid (infertile) eggs. She still guarded them for 2 days but then ate them. If you have room or, preferably, another tank (a two footer will do) away from the Convict and Jewel then get her a mate, they are great fish to breed and ideal beginner cichlids with loads of character and endearing qualities. :D

yes, the krib has a mate.

Does he have to be able to get the the eggs in order the fertalize them? the reason i ask is b/c the female lade the eggs under a peice of drift wood actualy kind off a small cave that she dug out under the drift wood.

anyway she comes out every now and then but i dont think that their is any way that the male will be able to get their..

at this point i realy have no idead on what to do

They probably are fertilised, it may have happened early morning/late evening time when all was quiet. She'll guard cave, he'll patrol perameter... Watch the Convict and Jewel though :shifty:

EGG'S ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damit i think my alge eater ate my eggs!!!

all the eggs were gone and i found him dead RIGHT UNDER WERE THE EGGS WERE :hyper: :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back