Eggs or poos??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

kleewill

Reaction score
Hi Iā€™m just about to do a symphony of my pond and I noticed this bunch of tiny black oval things, Iā€™m not sure whether to symphonic them or not. Any idea, could they be poos or eggs? I have cardinal tetras, bumble bee gobyā€™s, red cherry shrimp and a big leopard snail I think itā€™s called and some small pond snails šŸ˜Œ

Attachments

• 5C97274B-14E6-4868-8B49-8895503A8C6A.png
    5C97274B-14E6-4868-8B49-8895503A8C6A.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 29
Interesting replies, thankyou for your opinions :) I did leave it, see what happens. I just hope they're not damselfly/dragonfly larvae! :)

Hi Iā€™m just about to do a symphony of my pond and I noticed this bunch of tiny black oval things, Iā€™m not sure whether to symphonic them or not. Any idea, could they be poos or eggs? I have cardinal tetras, bumble bee gobyā€™s, red cherry shrimp and a big leopard snail I think itā€™s called and some small pond snails šŸ˜Œ
A simple syphon has turned into a symphonic symphony thanks to spell check! šŸ˜†

That's my finger too, to show comparison size. Looking at it now it kind of looks like a snail! šŸ˜†

They're looking a bit nastier close up, I think I'll syphon in the morning :oops:

They look like snail poos to me, but could be some kind of larvae. Southern California ponds have larvae that look like those on the bottom. They are always there and donā€™t do anything, but they are not eggs, so maybe you put in a different tank to see what they do. My bet is nothing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back