Eggs On The Bottom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I think my bettas have spawned. I came back from school and there were eggs on the bottom of the tank. The male wasn't even paying attention to them. I think there might be some in the nest he has. But whast I did with the ones on the bottom I put them in a cup with little water from tank. Is there anything else I can do? Will the hatch?

Well for one your fish should not have been together in that tank if you had no intentions of spawning them. If you did, you should not have left them alone un-attended while you were at school, this kind of project is a major undertakeing and requires your complete attention. But all that aside.

You should probably have left the eggs on the bottom of the tank, with moderate airation and decent water quality they would have been just fine, the male does not have to hatch them in his nest for them to survive. I recommend you re-introduce the eggs you have removed back into the spawn tank before they hatch, as afterwards they will certainly die either way. I wish you good luck.

*Note*
If your male is not careing for the eggs at all i recommend removeing him soon as he will likely eat the eggs and new born fry. If the female is careing for the eggs she should stay with them untill they begin to hatch.

Well for one your fish should not have been together in that tank if you had no intentions of spawning them. If you did, you should not have left them alone un-attended while you were at school, this kind of project is a major undertakeing and requires your complete attention. But all that aside.

You should probably have left the eggs on the bottom of the tank, with moderate airation and decent water quality they would have been just fine, the male does not have to hatch them in his nest for them to survive. I recommend you re-introduce the eggs you have removed back into the spawn tank before they hatch, as afterwards they will certainly die either way. I wish you good luck.

*Note*
If your male is not careing for the eggs at all i recommend removeing him soon as he will likely eat the eggs and new born fry. If the female is careing for the eggs she should stay with them untill they begin to hatch.
For one thing I have read on many sites that leaving them be is the best thing to do with check ups every now and then. I do not have a full day of school either and yes I do know it is alot of work I have been holding off spawning for awhile now. I am well aware of all the effort that goes in to it. I do appreciate the info. Hopefully they ahtch

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back