Eggs On Glass

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Hoppo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was doing my water change and cleaning my bubble hose, I noticed on the back glass, I have 4 seperate clusters of little eggs, ranging anywhere from 8 to 19 eggs per cluster I have been watching and I can't tell who they belong to. No one hasn't been gaurding them that I can tell. So whos are they?

Heres my list of Non-liverbears in my tank.
8 Neon Tetras
2 X-ray Tetras
3 Pepper Cories
2 Other Cories, just got them 2 days ago, forgot the name already.
2 Alge eaters

I'm excited about having eggs. What do I need to do?

I already had some Platies give me some fry and that was cool.

I'm a Grandpa :)

sounds like cory eggs, when mine lay eggs i roll them off with my finger and float them in a plastic tub with an airstone in the main tank they hatch in about 4 days

If they are little white round eggs, talk to your cories about them. If they are in a gelatinous mass, see Aqua Tom's comment.

little round balls, so I guess I have cory eggs. But I think someone(Clown Loach) is eating them, some are missing now :( I have a floating screened fry basket, so I'll try and put them in there before there all gone.

I knew what the gelatinous mass were, Darn Snails.

After all that has happen to my tank in the last few days, check post "The End of the World has come" for info. I was checking in on my Cories and I noticed that I have clusters of eggs on my glass again. Its exciting to see this, after all the death that has happen. And its funny, because I was thinking of getting more and now I dont if these eggs survive and hatch, I should have maybe a dozen new fish in the tank in a few days. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Best wishes! :good:

Hi Hoppo :)

Here's a link to an article one of our members wrote about Cory breeding. It has a lot of good information for you. When you are finished, please don't hesitate to post about your Corys in the Corydoras section here.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/165155-the-breeding-of-corydoras-catfish/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back