Eggs On Glass

Hoppo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was doing my water change and cleaning my bubble hose, I noticed on the back glass, I have 4 seperate clusters of little eggs, ranging anywhere from 8 to 19 eggs per cluster I have been watching and I can't tell who they belong to. No one hasn't been gaurding them that I can tell. So whos are they?

Heres my list of Non-liverbears in my tank.
8 Neon Tetras
2 X-ray Tetras
3 Pepper Cories
2 Other Cories, just got them 2 days ago, forgot the name already.
2 Alge eaters

I'm excited about having eggs. What do I need to do?

I already had some Platies give me some fry and that was cool.

I'm a Grandpa :)

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
sounds like cory eggs, when mine lay eggs i roll them off with my finger and float them in a plastic tub with an airstone in the main tank they hatch in about 4 days

OldMan47

Livebearer fanatic
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
If they are little white round eggs, talk to your cories about them. If they are in a gelatinous mass, see Aqua Tom's comment.

OP
OP
H

Hoppo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
little round balls, so I guess I have cory eggs. But I think someone(Clown Loach) is eating them, some are missing now :( I have a floating screened fry basket, so I'll try and put them in there before there all gone.

I knew what the gelatinous mass were, Darn Snails.

OP
OP
H

Hoppo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After all that has happen to my tank in the last few days, check post "The End of the World has come" for info. I was checking in on my Cories and I noticed that I have clusters of eggs on my glass again. Its exciting to see this, after all the death that has happen. And its funny, because I was thinking of getting more and now I dont if these eggs survive and hatch, I should have maybe a dozen new fish in the tank in a few days. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Best wishes! :good:

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
Hi Hoppo :)

Here's a link to an article one of our members wrote about Cory breeding. It has a lot of good information for you. When you are finished, please don't hesitate to post about your Corys in the Corydoras section here.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/165155-the-breeding-of-corydoras-catfish/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online