Eggs Again

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my albino cory layed eggs yesterday (a different one from last time) so again could be a failiure although i hope not, but what are the chances of the other one been male!! so they may never be fertilized until my others get older i have nine altogether surely one has to be a male lol,
how do you know or recognise healthy eggs? or is it just a waiting game?

Females that are mature and "eggy"/gravid are fat and broad. The males are slim and usually a little smaller. It is common for the first few spawns to be unsuccessful. Un fertalized eggs will be dead white. Whereas the feralized ones will be more opaque.

I have posted pics in two threads now on the board that are or include gravid females.

here
and
here

Females that are mature and "eggy"/gravid are fat and broad. The males are slim and usually a little smaller. It is common for the first few spawns to be unsuccessful. Un fertalized eggs will be dead white. Whereas the feralized ones will be more opaque.

I have posted pics in two threads now on the board that are or include gravid females.

here
and
here

unfortunatly it was another dead batch of eggs but maybe soon fingers crossed, thanks for the info and you have some nice looking fish :nod: :nod:

Frank has a pic posted in his thread of some viable eggs. The post by Coryologist.

I think it just takes the boys and girls some time to get it right. I have seen ladies dashing around the tanks with the boys chasing them frantically but spending more time searching for the lass than finding her. So both seem to have to get it timed right. Also I have thought the boys may be stimulated by the hormone releases of the gals before they actually are mature enought to fertalize her eggs. I have seen very young males all jiggy, but not near adulthood themselves. I am talking about fish here. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back