Effort!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shibby

Fish Herder
Reaction score
at the moment im attempting and failing to catch my puffer, picasso and falco to take back and be replaced by a regal and comet grouper that will be grown a bit and moved into my bigger tank once i get round to it! its a damn effort catching these there smarter then i thought ..... not even my net trap is working :eek: tips anyone?!

I always train my puffers to hand-feed. If yours trusts you enough to come close to feed then you should be able to nab him. Try dangling a prawn in the tank with a net nearby.

theres 2 nets being left in overnight one with some food in to get them used to it, then tomorows feed when they all come to the same place i should be able to get the trigger n puffer. sad to see them go though!

I think I read in another post you were getting rid of them because theyre not "reef safe?" That's a bummer, two awesome fish.

get a fish trap http://www.coralgarden.net/product_info.php?products_id=409

They work a treat

I have a home made one that has never failed

post-446-1126385156_thumb.jpg

yeh ridding them because of the un reef safeness, im thinking of now setting up the rio as a reef becuase ive just totalled some costs for a 6 foot tank.

skimmer £130
halides £500
rock £200 (already have alot)
corals £500+
fish £300
plumbing no idea but alotish
stand more then £100 im sure
ro unit £50

thats heading towards £2000 with underestimating i may get a full time job, car my trip to new york and christmas well clear before i consider that!

new plan win the lottery. its that simple.

i could get a fish trap tomorow for fairly cheap, or since i may move the tank i can drain it and then they cant be too hard to catch surely!

and chris i dont think that trap will work amazingly well ...worth a try though maybe :p

new plan win the lottery. its that simple.

i could get a fish trap tomorow for fairly cheap, or since i may move the tank i can drain it and then they cant be too hard to catch surely!

Dude, that's my plan as well. I think it will work out. Or maybe some inheritance from the death of a long lost loved one you've never met. Draining the tank is probably the "easiest" way to catch them.

One method I've heard is to make a small hole in the sandbed and then start to drain the tank. If you can drain it faster, it's probably better. All of the fish will have to go into the hole, the only spot with water remaining. Quickly catch the fish you want out and then use a pump to return the water to the tank. It shouldn't take long to get most of the water back in.

That supposedly causes less stress to fish and corals than moving a lot of rocks around would. You just have to do it fast, and have extra saltwater on hand.

bought a trap. im not quick enough though, triggers too clever for me!!! i caught the puffer but let him go decieded to keep puffer now!

haha i prefer my bargain priced flame angel, midas blenny, silver bellied wrasse and neon goby total cost for all 4 £57 wooo! 2 have gone in 180litre 2 have gone in 56 litre! puffer will be alone in 56 litre when i move the other tank! may have a jawfish as a freind, if hes lucky.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back