Editing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mike455555

i need to stop buying plants....
Reaction score
why cant i edit the first post in my journal. i want to keep updating the first one's picture so its a now and then full tank shot. but its not giving me that option

it seems the edit button only appears on some posts... it never used to

Always been that way mate, after a certain period of time, not sure how long, you can't edit your posts.

Pm me the link for the pic and which post it is and I'll do it for you. :)

aw that sucks. dont worry about it becasue id want to edit every update. :unsure: it would be a good suggestion for the forum though? to remove that?

It's not just older posts that can't be edited, no post can now be edited more than 10 minutes after it's been posted. That just gives us enough time to correct spelling mistakes and not much else.

thats not true as iv used an edit on a sales forum to close it

It's possible the sales forum is different.
I can't edit the post above that I made an hour and a half ago as there's no edit button.

Always been that way mate, after a certain period of time, not sure how long, you can't edit your posts.

Pm me the link for the pic and which post it is and I'll do it for you. :)

That's not the case at all, Steve. This is something which has been imposed since the new admins were appointed. Before that, you were able to edit any post you had ever made, regardless of how old.

I agree that it is a very restrictive feature and should be removed. Members should be able to edit their own posts.

Well I used to be able to edit for about a week then after that I had to get Ian to do it, since new admin I believe it has been decreased.

The time limit is now 10 mins for editing, except for the sales forum according to people above.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/407732-edit-option-in-a-post/

It's a shame that they had to change that feature. It was really easy to update a journal as you were going, especially when doing a cycle so people could follow the progress and if something went amiss, others could see the whole journal and help with figuring out what the problem is. Maybe the Admins will set up a feature to allow for editing in journal posts and the like :good:

Thanks,
Steve

It's being discussed at present.

There appears to be no obvious work around that allows some areas longer editing times than others, but we are poking the software with a stick.

To try to explain, it was initiated around the time of the admin changes after a few issues with post editing removing or fundamentally changing the nature of some threads, which can cause some major headaches. We are aware though, how useful it was to be able to tweak journal headers and such like (classifieds is the biggest headache there), so it's currently the age old balance of security against function, and security is currently on top while we see what the software has to offer.

Possibly a separate linked page for classifieds and journals through a TFF header?

Thanks,
Steve

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back