Edge in Windows 10 slow lately

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
In March there was quite a big update on my computer which took a whoping 30 minutes for the computer to install with three reboots (bare in mind this computer takes about 10-13 seconds to start that's a long time) and since then it seems that Edge browser is now loading up YouTube very slowly, there is some kind of service worker in the background that appears to take 6 seconds to start (see attached picture) - did anyone else get this issue lately? Also what can I do because I have cleared cache as much as I can. Any help welcome.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 49
I turned my updates off on windows 10 to stop the small useless updates from automatically installing. And when they force the big updates, I restore my pc.

I also set my computer's internet to a metered internet to help stop the updates too.

As for the image, I haven't seen anything like that on my pc and it concerns me that it has numbers with ms after it. That looks like something is using your internet for whatever reason.

I would try to uninstall the last major update and turn your updates off. As far as I'm concerned, microsofty lost my trust in 2016 when they did a huge update and destroyed millions of computers around the world, including mine. Now they can get stuffed.

Looks like tracking cookies to me. If you're posting data it means you're sending.

For websurfing...I use a chromebook or an ipnone. The chromebook is safe, fast and inexpensive and they seem to last a very long time. Mine has 4 gb of ram and uses mostly cloud storage. Updates are automatically loaded in seconds as opposed to minutes in Window computers. Mine is now almost 5 years old and still runs great.

I personally use Microsoft Edge for searching the web.

What model is your computer? How old is it?

I personally use Microsoft Edge for searching the web.

What model is your computer? How old is it?

The computer itself is very fast, its not the computer its the software. When I use firefox in Linux there are no issues, it is rapid. This was only an issue that happened after the update.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back