April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SO, my herd and I were just finishing up dinner, and I spotted something on my tank glass, up in my frogbit. Of course I fully charged the tank to see what it was, and it is a teeny tiny baby bn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
balloon.gif

I wasn't even sure if my other bn was a female yet.... My male, Edward, has been acting funny, just staying put in his driftwood house all day long! It was out of nowhere, so I was a bit worried about him, but could that be a sign of spawning?! I've never even researched bn spawning, so I have no idea! I'm so surprised lol

Yep, I have a couple pics that I can't wait to post, I just can't find the camera connector cord :rolleyes: but I'm searching for it...

Im still looking!  It is really cute. I hve moved him to my fry tank. he's pretty awesome, you can see his heart beating and everything :wub: hopefully the little guy makes it, he looks so small. I think he escaped from Edward's house bc don't the males guard them for a couple weeks??? He's only maybe 1/2 inch.

wow, im not sure about BNs but if thats true then.... there might be more in his cave!

greenmumma141 said:
SO, my herd and I were just finishing up dinner, and I spotted something on my tank glass, up in my frogbit. Of course I fully charged the tank to see what it was, and it is a teeny tiny baby bn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mama:

I wasn't even sure if my other bn was a female yet.... My male, Edward, has been acting funny, just staying put in his driftwood house all day long! It was out of nowhere, so I was a bit worried about him, but could that be a sign of spawning?! I've never even researched bn spawning, so I have no idea! I'm so surprised lol
This is definately a sign of spawning. Normally the female lays her eggs in a nice tight spot and the male will stay there with them to guard them. Even once they hatch the male will stay put and look after the young until they are able enough to leave the "nest"
Congratulations. Mine aint spawned yet and mine are a proven pair.
The male sits behind the fx5's intake and never comes out:'(
So annoying

I found the camera cord, finally!!!!!!  here are the pics, they're not as clear as I was hoping they would be, but he's still obviously a little baby bn....

And he is still doing great in the fry tank :)

Sorry about the double pic post Slim :blush: my computer is so slow and completely irritating right now
evilmad.gif
 Luckily it's borrowed or it would be going through the window lol ugh...

Thanks :) I'm surprised at how well he's adjusted in the fry tank. Edward has come out of his house a couple times, and I can't really see anymore inside there, but I can't be sure.
Dunno.gif

Just seen this thread...absolutely amazing aquarium!! I just bought myself a 6 x 2 x 2 (ish) tank and I might do a journal...still looking around gathering information and tips and ideas at the moment though...again thanks for the great read !! Loved this journal! 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back