Eclipse System 12 Nano Reef???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Janelle

Reaction score
I have set up my Eclipse system 12 with saltwater and a crushed coral substrate. I am really looking into getting some live rock for this aquarium and make a mini reef. However, the 13 watt flourescent lighting doesn't seem that great. How much lighting does Live rock need and will this lighting suffice? Or will I need to get more wattage? If so, what kind of light will fit this fixture? Here is a link to the description and pictures of the system for anyone interested. http://www.petmeister.com/item4.htm

All thoughts and comments will be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi janelle

Yes it can work but only with some soft coral and maybe an anomone. If you can get a higher watt light it would be better. I says it has a 13 watt power compact. if you can get a higher watt actinic, even better. Check your LFS and see what kind of replacement bulbs that have for your eclipse, or even online.

Good luck

Hazmat :)

You can't put the higher wattage bulbs in the Eclipse, but a couple companies make retrofits for the eclipse hoods that enable much higher wattage.

Do a search on eclipse retrofit on ebay or google and you should find options, including DIY options.

it will fit the hood, but will not work with the lighting in the hood. you need a retrofit.

Most reactions

trending

Back