EB acaras vrs honey gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fiona Martin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried keeping EB acaras with honey gouramis? I'm converting my tank to american cichlids and rainbows, wondering if my fiesty gourami pair need a new home... Will they get feelers nipped off?
Thanks

eb = electric blue acaras?
if yes, do not put honey dwarf gouramis with them because the gouramis will suffer.

Aequidens pulcher, aka Andinoacara pulcher, aka blue acara, aka electric blue acara/ nannacara should not be kept with Honey Dwarf Gouramis or any small gourami. :)

Thanks, do you know of any gourami they would be safe with? I'll keep the honeys seperate, certainly don't want to take any risks. Thanks again.

You can try 3 spot, blue or gold gouramis (Trichogaster trichopterus). They are the same species but have different names and colour. Pearl gouramis (Trichogaster leerii), Moonlight or silver gourami (Trichogaster microlepis) and snakeskin gourami (Trichogaster pectoralis). These gouramis all grow to 4-6inches long and are a better option for living with a blue acara.

The male gouramis have longer more pointed dorsal fins. The males are territorial so only keep 1 male with females or a male on its own. The blue/ gold gourami is the most aggressive out of the species listed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back